Are the days of "flipping" ammo about over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all people 40 is the new 20 when i comes to ammo. I know that we all used to get ammo from wally world or where ever on the internet for .20 cents a round. Well not no mo...that's done....finished....over....kaput, get over it. When gunshops are getting a dollar a round locally and internet retailers are getting 80 cents, the price will never get back to "normal". Kinda like gas, went to over 4 bucks a gallon, the days of gas under 2 bucks a gallon are gone forever, never to be seen again.

Yeah.... heard all of this before back in 2008. It was wrong back then, it's wrong now. I remember when people were telling us ARs would never come back down in price back then, along with .380 ammo, 9mm etc.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give it a couple more months. AR's are available every day on slickguns.com for close to MSRP now. With ammo being cheaper, people will continue to buy it for longer. Some may even try to keep buying it to keep the availability low so their ammo is worth more. With all else being equal, I'd expect to be able to buy ammo off of Walmart shelves come summer at the latest.

And you .22 hoaders - F off. Lol

Okiegunner

Stormtrooper
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I for one am sick of people flipping ammo. Yes I understand you are making money off of it but some people just want to go shoot and in buying up all the ammo and jacking up the prices your hurting your local shooting ranges. People are afraid to go shoot the ammo the get because they don't know if they are going to be able to find more. If you want to order ammo and sell it then open a gun store.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
have bought nothing since this latest round of craziness started .. plowed back a butt load of ammo of all different flavors about 3-4 years ago. along with enough reloading supplies to last me a long, long time.

still got 15-20 bricks of .22 stashed ... besides specialty defensive ammo... .22 is the only ammo I'll be buying when things settle down. and only because one cannot reload .22 ...

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Judging by the flock of buzzards that decend upon the SG at the ada walmart, I doubt it...over heard one of them talking about how he does not even own a gun that shoots these rounds, he just wants them..

Thats the mind set...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have stood in line many days at walmart for some .22
They do not get much...I have purchased ammo for my friends there..
But you go 5-7 times and you may get some .22 ammo..
So now i am sitting on 150 rounds of 40 S&W cost with tax was like 66 bucks..
Buddy did not want all 4 of the 40 S&W boxes i got over a few days...I got a box of that tulammo 380 i thought another friend needed
but he sold his 380...

Be nice to sell it all and get some of my gas money back out of the deal..
But i ain't gouging ....I want people to have ammo...heck i want ammo....
I did trade some 38 my gun did not like for wheel weights.

And what is a hoader? LOL
Is F off short for FIRE off...cause that is what i do with the ammo i get..

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Walmart in Poteau had a buncha Tula 9mm today as well as quite a bit of Tula 7.62x39. I picked up some 7.62, i've got plenty of 9mm. The thought crossed my mind of reselling the 9mm, since someone in our classifieds is asking double what it would cost me to buy it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom