Are the days of "flipping" ammo about over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Walmart in Poteau had a buncha Tula 9mm today as well as quite a bit of Tula 7.62x39. I picked up some 7.62, i've got plenty of 9mm. The thought crossed my mind of reselling the 9mm, since someone in our classifieds is asking double what it would cost me to buy it.

Yeah, I saw that post too...nice; let's gouge our fellow OSA'ers for a few lousy bucks and contribute to the hoarding and panic.

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
El reno Walmart is bare as well.. except for the occasional "exotic" round's in 243 and 300 mag etc. I did see a different store with some remington 45acp and some 44 mag.... (I was shocked) but the only 22 i've seen was birdshot... Can't decide wether to go and pickup the 45 and 44 mag... and keep for bartering later. I've been reloading for about 15 years now... but even all my reloading resources.. are sold out of basically everything... Gene sears in El Reno.. only laugh's when I call looking for primers or bullets... and they get a powder shipment once a month.. february's shipment... didn't have any Hodgen or Winchester powder at all. I have a friend who got me started in reloading. I spoke with him the other day looking for supplies.. he sold me some winchester Large pistol primers but he wouldn't sell me anything else. He is a licensed ammo manufacturer. He said he put in an order with Winchester for 1.2 million primers back in january... and was told he would be on back order and should receive his order sometime in 2015.

Any ideas on wether or not I should go back and pick up that 45 acp and 44 mag ammo???

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol... I doubt someone who actually need's it. Will get to them first.... someone else will buy and use as barter or resale.... I did.. just seconds ago.. find some 124 grain 9mm TCJ..... so I ordered 3000 rounds for relaoding.... at normal price's... whew....

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the Yukon Walmart today and talked to the counter person in sporting goods. She said they had gotten 20 boxes of 22LR this morning and as per normal there were 10-12 guys there at 6:30 to buy every one of them. Us working guys don't have a chance to buy off the shelf. Hope this era of greed passes quickly.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those were 100 round plastic see through boxes of some expensive 40gr 1300fps 22 ammo Fancy winchester or federal can't remember.
Quite a few of us left it there...and left empty handed....Yes and most of us are working guys also with kids that
love to shoot the 22 ammo up.
They had 223 american eagle boxes this week also...there was plenty when we all left..as only a couple people got any of it.

I just sold my box of 380acp to a guy here for 24 cents more than i paid for it..just rounding it up to an even dollar amount..
Just a FYI at yukon walmart..they bring out tha ammo at 7:00-7:15 am.. get there early and enjoy the conversation..
Pretty good bunch of guys and gals sometimes..

Many times there we do not buy the limit if others in line need the same thing..that has to be good for something..
We all love to shoot it up..fact i am going shooting tomorrow if the weather ain't too bad

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the Yukon Wal-Mart at 6:30 this morning and already about 12 guys ahead of me. Third time I've tried to buy ammo there to go shoot, and saw the same merry old fat guy there a bald head and a gray beard crowing about being first in line again. He made the comment about how he didn't shoot, he was just there to buy as much as he could to re-sell it at a big profit. I got pissed and left...ammo-less again.

About to just give up...

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the Yukon Wal-Mart at 6:30 this morning and already about 12 guys ahead of me. Third time I've tried to buy ammo there to go shoot, and saw the same merry old fat guy there a bald head and a gray beard crowing about being first in line again. He made the comment about how he didn't shoot, he was just there to buy as much as he could to re-sell it at a big profit. I got pissed and left...ammo-less again.

About to just give up...

I'm surprised you did not say something to him!

Latest posts

Top Bottom