Are there ever CRAZY deals on Gunbroker?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got thinking about this the other day...

As some of you know I also collect Hot Wheels. I know people who basically make a living buying on ebay, finding cars that people dont know "what they have" and winning them and then reselling them to the proper audience (often times, back on eBay). So do guns ever fly under the radar for 1/10 value, for example? I really never thought to look through Gunbroker like that...but I suppose its possible?
The market for Hot Wheels is about as crazy as the gun market right now, for different reasons, but stuff is through the roof and as such so is the competition for deals...but...they're still out there.

A recent example for me is this '31 Doozie...which I found on eBay for a $19.99 shipped to my door...then I sat on it for a few months and decided to move it along and put it on eBay. It sold that night for $650. So...does stuff like that happen on GB?

s-l1600 (2).jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, most of the time it is a misspelled title or description. Other times it’s in the wrong category. I got a S&w 25-2 in the presentation case for a redicous price because of bad pics. I took a chance because even if it was trashed, I could get my money back. It was about 95% when I got it.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds about the same for HWs stuff...miscategorized and misspelled are two of the best ways to find gems. Also lots of cars where one is a diamond amongst junk. I may have to look at Gunbroker differently now LOL

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone makes any money selling on Gunbroker . . . I was in a home-based FFL group on Facebook years ago and someone was saying they only made like $3-5 per sale, but sold several hundred guns per month.

Who has the time for that . . .

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once took a chance on a Swiss K31 with a walnut stock, but the pics were dark and poorly staged. What I got had a beautifully striped stock in VG shape, and the metal was in excellent condition. Worth quite a bit more than I paid for it.

alphagunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually search for auctions ending at odd times like on a Sunday at 2am. I have thrown some low bids and won but it os for sure not the norm. I average around 200 bids per month and will win an auction 4 times a year if lucky.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually search for auctions ending at odd times like on a Sunday at 2am. I have thrown some low bids and won but it os for sure not the norm. I average around 200 bids per month and will win an auction 4 times a year if lucky.
That has been my experience also....I bid often hoping for a great buy but I'm only the winning bidder a few times a year.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up 3 deals on guns with auctions ending during the super bowl this year. Best chance for a bargain is stated above, wrong category, bad pics, odd ending times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom