Are we headed for a world war?

GC7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we stopped trading with China tomorrow, they would be broke by the end of the week. We fund like 80% of their economy.

I suspect a lot of people in the US would get violent so they could get their cheap chinese goods again, and it may happen sooner than China goes broke.

I see the situation like the Cartels. Can't stop the flow.. gotta kill the demand.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we stopped trading with China tomorrow, they would be broke by the end of the week. We fund like 80% of their economy.
Considering China produces like 95% of the antibiotics and 80% of pharmaceutical ingredients for active drugs, that would be literally a hard pill for us to swallow. Heck, I read something like 70% of acetaminophen comes from China. Pretty scary if you think about it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Considering China produces like 95% of the antibiotics and 80% of pharmaceutical ingredients for active drugs, that would be literally a hard pill for us to swallow. Heck, I read something like 70% of acetaminophen comes from China. Pretty scary if you think about it.

Not to mention all the rare earth minerals used in smart phones, etc.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mainly because Russia and China are catching up to our military tech and in some cases passing us. If they get to far past us they will attack. The new hyper velocity cruise missiles both are developing are nuclear capable and we have no counter at this time. Instead our navy decided to build a few ugly ships are not able to defend themselves against these missiles since the fancy guns they wanted were not working out so were canceled in favor of some day fitting lasers, that are not ready either.

And while our air force was reinventing the F4 bomb truck (F35), the Russians and Chinese were applying stealth to super maneuverable fighters.
Regardless of their military prowess I don't believe that China or Russia would attack us any more than we would attack them. The game is all about embarrassment, not about invasion. In addition, if any super power were to fall, we would all fall because we are all dependent on one another financially.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And we are dependent on those commies. If we don’t buy their cheep stuff our country for the most part doesn’t produce anymore we would be in a world of hurt.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And we are dependent on those commies. If we don’t buy their cheep stuff our country for the most part doesn’t produce anymore we would be in a world of hurt.
We are by far not the only country that China peddles their cheap junk to. Yes, we are a huge market to them, but without us they would still survive better than we would without their imports.

Top Bottom