Are we headed for a world war?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We should come together as a member of this union, not because of loss of lives.

We agree 100% there. I just haven't seen it in my lifetime.

Covid had a chance of doing it for the whole world, but four weeks in this time last year, it further drove everyone apart along the false borders of political lines.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
1. - "We" didn't try to stay out of WWI or II. That is a blatant lie first fomented by Wilson, then later by FDR. The whole time FDR was claiming he wanted us to remain neutral, he and his appointees were doing everything they could to provoke Germany and Japan. Siding with communist Russia, providing weapons of war, cutting off access to oil...FDR knew exactly what he was doing, right down to colluding with Hollywood to create motion pictures that would unify Americans and reduce the instinct to shun the USSR. This went on for several years before Pearl Harbor.

2. When we go on to our next war, it won't be for freedom and apple pie either. It'll be sold as "protecting America", that's how they always sell it. If they want war so bad, let them (politicians) lead the men into battle.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
1. - "We" didn't try to stay out of WWI or II. That is a blatant lie first fomented by Wilson, then later by FDR. The whole time FDR was claiming he wanted us to remain neutral, he and his appointees were doing everything they could to provoke Germany and Japan. Siding with communist Russia, providing weapons of war, cutting off access to oil...FDR knew exactly what he was doing, right down to colluding with Hollywood to create motion pictures that would unify Americans and reduce the instinct to shun the USSR. This went on for several years before Pearl Harbor.

2. When we go on to our next war, it won't be for freedom and apple pie either. It'll be sold as "protecting America", that's how they always sell it. If they want war so bad, let them (politicians) lead the men into battle.

I had a history professor at UCO and his class was the first time I had ever heard that version of our entry into the war. It blew my mind as he lectured on it and opened my eyes that even America has a strategy in the propaganda machine. Herbert Hamm was my favorite history teacher I ever had. He had an amazing way of making history lessons feel like you were listening to stories from your grandfather except he could back his up with documentation haha.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
I had a history professor at UCO and his class was the first time I had ever heard that version of our entry into the war. It blew my mind as he lectured on it and opened my eyes that even America has a strategy in the propaganda machine. Herbert Hamm was my favorite history teacher I ever had. He had an amazing way of making history lessons feel like you were listening to stories from your grandfather except he could back his up with documentation haha.

My dad used to say stuff, I thought he was nuts until I was about 18. I too, had a history prof that backed up Dad's statements.

I started watching old 1930s/1940s movies, then did some research...things are not at all what they seem. Goebbels was surely jealous of the American propaganda mill. 85 years later, the BS is still revered like Gospel.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
As a Veteran of 16 years in the power plant industry as a control systems and instrumentation tech, that involved programming the systems that operated the turbins and related systems, I can verify that there is no connection between the internet and the control system that could allow hacking. Many firewalls to prevent that. That's all I can say about that, but I can also say that the infrastructure to deliver that power is also hardened or is in the process of being so. The power industry at least in the middle part of the country recognized the issue after the big black outs in the Northeast many years ago. The deregulation of power in commifornika that has resulted in rolling blackouts there because of their reliance on green power that doesn't work when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow made an impression on the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. They stopped the move toward deregulation in Ok which is good for us. The utilities in OK still use wind power as a peaking method to relieve the load on coal and gas plants but will never replace base load coal and NG plants.
That the next war will be won with computers is absolutely correct both in warfare and civilian life. We as well as any enemy is always looking how to defeat the enemy as nearly everything now is controlled by semiconductors from fly by wire military and civilian aircraft down to the fire control systems that they all use.
Killing the coffee pots in one massive strike will surely unite the angry old guys into action!

I hope you're right Dennis. I seem to remember stories about one or more power plants being hacked into over the last few years, but I could be wrong.
...Just did a quick search and found this story: https://www.wired.com/story/hack-brief-us-nuclear-power-breach/
There may be other stories, I didn't look further.

I just have this overall impression that our power grid is very fragile, the latest incident being the TX freeze.

Anyway, I do hope you're right.

Ohh! And EMP!

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
Be a good time for it.

The USA has won it's last war. A country divided against itself cannot stand, and will have zero chance in an armed conflict.

Joe Biden and the Squad would surrender in a moment to avoid a conflict.

yeah, but at least they stopped GLOBAL WRMING....

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you're right Dennis. I seem to remember stories about one or more power plants being hacked into over the last few years, but I could be wrong.
...Just did a quick search and found this story: https://www.wired.com/story/hack-brief-us-nuclear-power-breach/
There may be other stories, I didn't look further.

I just have this overall impression that our power grid is very fragile, the latest incident being the TX freeze.

Anyway, I do hope you're right.

Ohh! And EMP!

https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/us...law-too-many-vulnerabilities-in-scada-systems

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
As a Veteran of 16 years in the power plant industry as a control systems and instrumentation tech, that involved programming the systems that operated the turbins and related systems, I can verify that there is no connection between the internet and the control system that could allow hacking. Many firewalls to prevent that. That's all I can say about that, but I can also say that the infrastructure to deliver that power is also hardened or is in the process of being so. The power industry at least in the middle part of the country recognized the issue after the big black outs in the Northeast many years ago. The deregulation of power in commifornika that has resulted in rolling blackouts there because of their reliance on green power that doesn't work when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow made an impression on the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. They stopped the move toward deregulation in Ok which is good for us. The utilities in OK still use wind power as a peaking method to relieve the load on coal and gas plants but will never replace base load coal and NG plants.
That the next war will be won with computers is absolutely correct both in warfare and civilian life. We as well as any enemy is always looking how to defeat the enemy as nearly everything now is controlled by semiconductors from fly by wire military and civilian aircraft down to the fire control systems that they all use.
Killing the coffee pots in one massive strike will surely unite the angry old guys into action!

Found another story: https://www.engadget.com/2017-09-06-hackers-have-control-of-us-energy-systems.html

Top Bottom