Are you a good person?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't start threads much. Won't bore you with the details but I've not had a good day. Deeply troubling, in fact (been married 28 years, so you can guess). So, I have reasons for asking the OSA Collective: Do you consider yourself "a good person"? If you care to, I'd like for you to share your general criteria for what constitutes "a good person". Afterall, I'm sure Hitler considered himself a good person. :) I would like to see what people in general think.

The only conditions: Please spare me the congratulatory comments about 28 years of marriage. Also, I would like this to be a thought filled discussion. If not, no big deal, just a request.

Last edited:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a loaded question but I will stick my neck out and answer it anyway. No, I am not a good person. No one is. This answer comes from the scriptures. I imagine you've heard the verses before. I believe them and I believe that the good I do is not from me but rather God working through me.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what would define a good person. It's like you said hawgman, even Hitler saw himself as a good person. Any person can be considered good with the right justification. But one thing I have found and strongly believe in is that there is good in everyone. Somewhere deep down.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say I think I'm a good person, although I have committed some indiscretions and have a few skeletons in my closet from a misguided youth. I've been good to a lot of people, helped people, been generous, provided well for my family and tried to evolve into the kind of person I would see as a good person. Not a perfect person, but I will say I'm a good person trying to be a better person.

Cedar Creek

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I am not a good person but thank God for grace-I'm prepared to die-not ready but prepared. Hitler and Obama surely have some good traits but both will keep each other company in the bad place if Obama won't get right with the creator. To the average person a good person is one who helps others, does his community well and doesn't get into trouble but being a good person won't get you passage into the good place. We all have a number and no one knows that number until our ticket is pulled and if we aren't prepared by then to meet our maker it will be too late. There will be an open book test and we'll either pass or fail. No grading on the curve or cheating.
I honestly don't know what you are looking for, it would appear after 28 years and looking back you are asking, "was it worth it?" Is this all life has to offer? I assure you, millions have asked themselves the same question, I did too.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to be as good as I can, being human I fail from time to time. First, I try to do no harm to anyone else, that said, I'm still prepared to defend my family with extreme violence if necessary. I'm a Viet Nam vet, and as such, have the typical baggage of anyone who has been through a war. As said above, if it depended on my following the Mosaic Law to get into Heaven, I'd be lost.. Thank God for Grace. I believe in helping those less fortunate than me as I can, but I prefer to do that from the shadows.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might consider myself a good person. Raised 2 great kids that are thoughtful and kind. I have been with the same great woman for 24 years that at some points and time doesn't think I'm to great. I've tried and helped people, family and friends as I could.

I was raised in the church but haven't been in many years. Had many discussions with my kids about the bible and one handy for their reference. The fire and brimstone God didn't appeal to me and I got lost. If that means I'm not good and my family is lost, that's okay. I know we'd help anyone we could.

Good luck in your search Hawg. It doesn't take mech to touch other peoples lives and make a difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom