Are you a good person?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
'Good' is so very relative.

A five year old defines the idea of 'good' differently than a 21 year old. To some 'good' is not taking advantage of the weak. To others, you're not 'good' unless you're helping the weak.

In short, you're never as good as you should be. That's not self-loathing either. It's just that doing 'good' reveals 'bad' in ways we didn't percieve before.

Good question! Yay OSA!

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I'm not good enough, it's one of the questions i ask my atheist coworkers. Why be good? It's not going to get you anything, also why try to convert believers(they actually put quite abit effort into this). And in doing so are you still good?
Being good isn't the goal and is actually hindering and limiting. Anyway I'm not good, but i know who is, and it's in his name I pray.

Ps during my recent stay at the hospital, one of my techs was a young Muslim woman, very professional for such a young person. I told her i had thanked God for her in my prayers .

Elance

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I'm not good enough, it's one of the questions i ask my atheist coworkers. Why be good? It's not going to get you anything, also why try to convert believers(they actually put quite abit effort into this). And in doing so are you still good?
Being good isn't the goal and is actually hindering and limiting. Anyway I'm not good, but i know who is, and it's in his name I pray.

Ps during my recent stay at the hospital, one of my techs was a young Muslim woman, very professional for such a young person. I told her i had thanked God for her in my prayers .

Elance

Why be good? It gets you further in life than being a self-serving asshat.
Not all atheists and christians run around trying to convert everyone. Think how many haven't said anything...

WES

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Elance

Atheist put quite abit a effort into it? LOL! You have Christian radio shows, television, sponsored private schools, etc..... Go ahead and redact your statement...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...oesnt-really-reach-people-outside-the-bubble/

Sorry for taking it off topic but I didn't want to leave that alone. Please continue

Latest posts

Top Bottom