Are you a good person?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that before I met my wife, 22 years ago, I was not a good person, not even close.

Much changed the day I met her. Many people have often asked what happened and it is simple. I wanted to spend my life with her, my life at the time was set to be short, dead or prison, so it was change or miss out on a great 22 years.

I try to be nice to folks, not sure if that really counts, but it is the best I can do.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Atheist put quite abit a effort into it? LOL! You have Christian radio shows, television, sponsored private schools, etc..... Go ahead and redact your statement...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...oesnt-really-reach-people-outside-the-bubble/

Sorry for taking it off topic but I didn't want to leave that alone. Please continue

Lol that's other thing with most of the atheists i know , and what fear might be their block. REDACT had to look it up to be sure. But im afraid i can't "redact" and your own post sent me to a social media designed to promote, to the point the first thing you see is where they used skewed numbers. I think the number of television watchers was slanted . You mentioned Christian schools, are not all public schools atheist or at least antichristian ? As for television programming, or how about xm radio ? Out of 140+ channels 3 Christian, and 60 XL .

i was trying to show in my original statement with irony, how our own self impression of good is one way, but how we think others should see us is different.

Let me elaborate, i might think I'm not good but dont you think it. Lol

dont take any of this as an attack, i didn't, for i don't lean on my own understanding. I know I'm not as smart as the next guy.

Oh my apologies to OP
elance Jesus freak

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I consider myself a good person, I don't attend church but have my own sense of right & wrong.
For example if I shot a match was leaving, saw a fellow competitor & friend who ran out of gas but on the other side of the road was a smoking hot chick with a flat tire. I would help the lady first, I would not have a problem loaning the competitor my keys to go get gas while I changed the tire.
Maybe a warped version of good but I can live with it.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I am not, I am shallow minded, selfish, jealous, and look out for myself first. I have to work hard to be nice to people and oft times I don't do a very good job of it.

I don't like being the way I am and work hard to overcome it. I am in no way a good person though I try to do good deeds, the rewards for doing the right thing are the love of my spouse and son, and the fellowship of the few people who call me friend and stick with me no matter how much of I dick I can be.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a good person, but I STRIVE to be a good person. It's up to God and those I interact with to determine if my efforts are bearing fruit. My own moral code is based on both spiritual and humanistic concerns. The only time I'm truly ill at ease is when I'm in direct conflict with my own moral code. I don't know if I'll ever fully overcome those conflicts, but I can tell you that they're fewer, further between and less intense as I age. I hope that trend continues.

And Had I read this thread all the way through I could have just quoted you and been done...

Latest posts

Top Bottom