Are you better off not carrying your permit?

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is correct - it's why I renewed mine.

Per the SDA license: Having a license permits having a loaded and round chambered long gun in a vehicle. Without it, it cannot. I have no idea if constitutional carry trumps this.
that by itself makes getting a permit worth it. traveling heavy in an rv or with family with a long weapon is far better than a handgun and all the heavy weapons are 1000 miles away.

James Abram

Marksman
Reaction score
Does bring up a few questions about which takes precedence. When you get your permit you still have to qualify for revolver or semi-auto (I know because my wife recently got hers) and they teach you that you have to inform the officers. With the constitutional carry laws does that negate the rules associated with your license?

I agree with you though, If I am stopped I would notify the officer just for the sheer fact that I don't want them to notice it during the interaction and for things to escalate, even if it wasn't required.
You legally DO NOT have to notify the officer if you are carrying, permit or not, however I believe it’s a good idea (and I teach it so) to let them know you are carrying a weapon.
Also, CC alows you to carry ANY legal handgun with legal ammunition in any legal place. It’s up to you to do the research and find out the laws as to what’s “legal”.

Top Bottom