Are you better off not carrying your permit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My impression of Constitutional Carry was to include OPEN carry of any handgun, where legal. SDA licensees have the option of concealed or open handgun carry and can have magazine (or tube loaded) long arms in their vehicle. I understood mag in well, chamber empty and shotguns the same,(cruiser safe?ready?loaded?) SDA licensees limited to revolvers/derringers only when carrying concealed. Constitutional Carrying any handgun openly was covered, legal, I thought.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing about permits and licenses....thinking big picture.

You ARE permitted or licensed. Even when the actual documents are not on you. There might be a technical violation for that, but you don't get rid of permitted status just because you leave the card at home.

Any cursury investigation will discover that permit. Leaving it at home wont change a bureaucrat or politician's vengeful action if they go that route.
Wife qualified to carry all three now.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My license expires next year, I doubt I will renew it. With Constitutional carry, why would I need it. Texas now has constitutional carry, if I go anywhere its Texas.

I just dont see the need to renew it.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My license expires next year, I doubt I will renew it. With Constitutional carry, why would I need it. Texas now has constitutional carry, if I go anywhere its Texas.

I don't think Constitutional Carry covers you in Oklahoma if you eat where drinks are also served.

Unless something has changed? :anyone:
___

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I will keep mine current, just like my passport. Laws change, and what's legal today, or who grants reciprocity might change. Besides, you might think you will not be travelling anywhere out of state except Texas, but that could change unexpectedly, too!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
You legally DO NOT have to notify the officer if you are carrying, permit or not, however I believe it’s a good idea (and I teach it so) to let them know you are carrying a weapon.
Also, CC alows you to carry ANY legal handgun with legal ammunition in any legal place. It’s up to you to do the research and find out the laws as to what’s “legal”.
Police Officers must walk up to people, and situations, they know nothing about. just simple common courtesy would be to inform him/her you are armed the first thing! Do other states that require permits, honor Oklahoma's conceal carry permits, even though Oklahoma no longer requires them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom