Are You Going To Have Your Groceries Delivered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We looked at picking up in the parking lot at our local walmart today. Two weeks out and there are no times that are not reserved already. There is a delivery service in town that works with aldi's, so there is that. We are too far away for Amazon/Costco to deliver anything foodstuff wise.
Interestingly enough, there is a small town with a small grocery store in this area. It was fully stocked with TP, meat, canned goods, etc. because the local population wasn't in a panic hoarding mode.
Some dipshit posted a pic of the meat counter and the paper goods aisle on fakebook Friday. By noon Saturday the hordes of locusts descended on that store and wiped out its inventory. It's sad.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was visiting some folks that told me winco had TP cause they take cash only and nobody has any.
Never been to a winco don't even know where one is in Tulsa.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago we bought 1/4 side of beef and the freezer is full so don't need beef, we still have some from 2017 we haven't eaten. Me-I'd got to the store without any problems worrying or otherwise but someone else in the house worries and she's got me on a 2 week quarantine. That's my problem and I'll be sprung in 10 more days..but the problem will still be out there and that is why I asked about home delivery. I am 76, able-bodied, sound mind and can do anything I could at age 18...almost-so I'm not skeered of no stinkin' virus attacking me when I'm out of the house. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it until the wife tells me I need to delete my post.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Planning to do our first instacart delivery from Aldi soon. Better too cautious than not cautious enough.
The clock is ticking and the growth curve is exponential.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazon is notifying customers to expect delayed shipping.
Amazon made a few announcements last week, but the only one I remember well enough to relate is that they were getting so many orders that they are having to treat this like the Christmas season and are trying to hire 100K-150K workers.

A coworker's wife works for Walmart, and he said they're desperate for workers. Apparently, they're trying to hire people who come into the store (at least in some stores)--basically, if you're able-bodied, they have a job for you. When I was getting gas at the Cedar Lane Walmart ($1.37 for E10 87, BTW) in Norman last night, the two gals who were working the registers were talking about how short-staffed they were.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not even sure if we could use Shipt or another service to have them ordered out our way. I might need to look at the various delivery zones for some places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom