Are You Ready for Some OU Foots-ball?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think OU and Texas will both be good and won't be surprised if the conference championship comes down to one of the two again, I think OU may be better than Texas but how much better depends on defensive improvement. There is room for optimism, but I'm not taking anything for granted until I see them play.

I dunno about OSU, a few weeks ago I read an interview with Gundy and even he didn't sound that optimistic. It may be a struggle for OSU to get to 3 or 4.

I think OU's offense may not be quite as "quick strike" as they have the last few years, but I think they'll still have plenty of firepower and be hard to stop, as long as the OL can gel quickly. The skill positions are loaded.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We usually only make two or three games a season, partial to OU, but I support as many of the state programs as I can.

Yep, I only hate OSU 1 game a year, maybe 2 now days if both manage to go to the big12 championship! That would be so cool to watch Bedlam football twice in one year!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think OU and Texas will both be good and won't be surprised if the conference championship comes down to one of the two again, I think OU may be better than Texas but how much better depends on defensive improvement. There is room for optimism, but I'm not taking anything for granted until I see them play.

I dunno about OSU, a few weeks ago I read an interview with Gundy and even he didn't sound that optimistic. It may be a struggle for OSU to get to 3 or 4.

I think OU's offense may not be quite as "quick strike" as they have the last few years, but I think they'll still have plenty of firepower and be hard to stop, as long as the OL can gel quickly. The skill positions are loaded.

I think Coach Gundy is sand bagging it, They have only had 1 losing season under Gundy and that was the first he coached with a team that had to expel 11 players !! Pokes are going to be fine.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ready for OU, and also Baker and the Browns!

The only NFL GAME I’m really interested in is Cleveland - Arizona. It will be good fun to watch the two Q-backs get after it. You know they will both be ready! Browns for the win. But back to college; I agree that both Clemson and Alabama will be powerhouses. But there is a long season ahead and injuries can kill your chances as easily as anything. All it would take is to snap the wrist or tear the ACL on one or the other Q-backs there and oops! Bye bye championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am ready to see what happens this year. Got my season tickets, a condo rented an tickets for OU Texas. Love tailgating all day in Norman before game with friends, great way to spend a Saturday. Plus going to the Mont for pregame refreshments!

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait until it starts in college. The coaches will try to put a stop to it, but the administrators will get involved and the political correctness will ensue. <sigh>
I believe in college the teams stay in the locker room until after the National Anthem. When this BS started in the Pros I said the TV networks could nip it in the bud by not showing the players during the anthem.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait until it starts in college. The coaches will try to put a stop to it, but the administrators will get involved and the political correctness will ensue. <sigh>

Well if they do I will devote all my attention to hunting. Kneeling is their right and not watching any more will be my right!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom