Are You Ready for Some OU Foots-ball?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mistakes made earlier; hopefully correctable. The defense is better; but a few mistakes gave some points away that Houston shouldn’t have made. Well, it’s early, and a win is a win. Jalen Hurts is the real deal; but we kinda already knew that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can at least comment on the Defense, it’s improved dramatically! I can live with a player missing a tackle, at least the scheme in place should have stopped it. Which is much better than the last 3 years

If your talking about the idiot from OU that just threw himself on the ground in front of the Houston player that led to their first touchdown, I regressed to 2018 when they were taught by stoops to body tackle and never use their hands or arms in the process. What an idiot move. I hope he gets the bench for awhile.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mistakes made earlier; hopefully correctable.
On the post-game show, either Rufus Alexander or Teddy Lehman said the defensive problems are easy fixes. The players have the attitude and seem to understand both the system and what's expected of them, so it's just a matter of correcting the mistakes.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I wish is Lincoln putting a great big whoa to stupid penalties like celebrating and personal fouls. Those stupid things have cost us games in the past.
During the game they reported that Grinch got on the defense, telling them they weren't good enough to do all the extracurricular stuff. It did seem like that stuff got toned down quite a bit later in the second half.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I thought the defense looked better and that at least they had a clue tonight. Stupid mistakes but it was the first game and I am sure they will run that out of them.
Jalen is a beast and I am so looking forward to watching him play this year.
Offensive line was up and down but man it should be fun to watch.
BOOMER SOONER!!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jalen is a beast and I am so looking forward to watching him play this year.
His attitude after the game was interesting. Holly Rowe had a heck of a time getting a smile out of him. On the postgame radio show he said if you can't enjoy a win, you need to quit the game, but they set a standard for themselves, and they need to live up to it.

I think he needs to lighten up just a little bit, but he is demanding, and unwilling to accept anything other than, excellence of himself and his teammates, which is a good thing.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the defense was great in the first half, got a little sloppy in the second half. Totally agreed with Blackledge, who said they are better but not a dominant defense, and still need to improve.

I did think tackling was much better, and especially after watching very poor tackling by both teams in last weeks Miami vs. Florida game, it was encouraging. Also noticed we seemed to get penetration at the LOS on pretty much every play. Even some of the dumb penalties (which needs to be cleaned up quickly!) had a sense of aggression. I'm not taking anything for granted, but it was encouraging and I hope they continue to improve.

Hard to complain about much of anything from the offense, except the two turnovers, and those red socks and shoes Hurts was wearing. Those were ugly. But the way he played, I can live with it.... LOL!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Defense looked a lot better than last year but it was Houston

Houston had a top 10 offense last year. Their QB is flat out sporty and he has wheels.

Last year they probably would have scored 31 in just the first half!

Still work to do but they are vastly improved and clearly headed in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom