Are you ready?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you will notice there seems to be a chip shortage causing car lots to be empty.
Is there really?
Tonight Ford has started advertising their new line-up of electric vehicles including a pick-up that will power your house in a blackout.
All the companies will soon start advertising their EV's
Are you ready?
Maybe they will offer a discount to those on the fence about getting the jab?
It's going to be amazing what they try to cram down our throats over the next 6 years. As long as Joe gives "FREE" stuff his re-election is almost guaranteed.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sold yet, not enough range or tow capacity. Should I sell my 5th wheel so I can drive EV, not likely. I did have a walk around a Mach E today, it was nice but I just didnt like the styling. I dang sure dont care for Tesla. Maybe once there is a competitive market with some improvements.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there is a chip shortage, because they use freaking old chips in cars so no chip mfg will build out more capacity to build old tech.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you will notice there seems to be a chip shortage causing car lots to be empty.
Is there really?
Tonight Ford has started advertising their new line-up of electric vehicles including a pick-up that will power your house in a blackout.
All the companies will soon start advertising their EV's
Are you ready?
Maybe they will offer a discount to those on the fence about getting the jab?
It's going to be amazing what they try to cram down our throats over the next 6 years. As long as Joe gives "FREE" stuff his re-election is almost guaranteed.
I just might like you. LMAO.

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seldom travel more than 25 miles away from home and then only several days a week so a 400 mile range charge is okay with me. I think electricity will be cheaper than gasoline in 2 years.
Also, the tax breaks make it affordable for me while I cannot afford a new gas powered truck. I expect it will be the last vehicle I ever purchase

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with AKguy1985. I wouldn't mind having a commuter vehicle but my commutes can be lengthy and I want to recharge as fast as a gas fill. Until battery and recharge technology improve a lot I'm not a player. I also agree that my diesel Ram pickup will remain the tow vehicle.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want any electric vehicle. I can fill up my car and drive 400 miles before filling up again in five minutes. Not waiting an hour or more for batteries to charge.
The time may come when you do not have a choice, like when the government said that everyone has to convert over to digital (flat screen) TV's whether they wanted to or not because ALL broadcast stations were being mandated to shut-down analog broadcasting.

Of course we all know that happened ONLY because our benevolent leaders wanted to make sure we all had a nice picture to watch :blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom