Are you ready?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plenty of cancer for you after you drive around daily with a huge radiation-admitting battery under your nuts. Remember all the cops who were getting ball cancer from their radar guns. This will be worse than a microwave next you your nuts, and ever worse, the kids ride in the back so they will get more exposure. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Prius Prime Advance wit 28,000 miles on it and most of the miles are around town. I wired 220v to the garage and charge it up every time I get home. I get a combined average of 82.3 MPG and use the electric around town simply because it has a 30 mile range on the battery. I honestly don't remember when I last put gas in the vehicle and can go from my home to OKC and almost make t back to the house before the ( internal combustion engine (ICE) takes over. Since I use the battery around town, the ICE is used very little so I save on oil changes also. The only problem I have with the car is that it hasn't much room for carrying things-otherwise, It serves me well.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Prius Prime Advance wit 28,000 miles on it and most of the miles are around town. I wired 220v to the garage and charge it up every time I get home. I get a combined average of 82.3 MPG and use the electric around town simply because it has a 30 mile range on the battery. I honestly don't remember when I last put gas in the vehicle and can go from my home to OKC and almost make t back to the house before the ( internal combustion engine (ICE) takes over. Since I use the battery around town, the ICE is used very little so I save on oil changes also. The only problem I have with the car is that it hasn't much room for carrying things-otherwise, It serves me well.
The combo vehicles are a MUCH better idea in my opinion...You could run big rigs on electric and have a small diesel generator on board to charge the battery or maybe even help power the vehicle when necessary.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What does it cost in electricity to charge the battery?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plenty of cancer for you after you drive around daily with a huge radiation-admitting battery under your nuts. Remember all the cops who were getting ball cancer from their radar guns. This will be worse than a microwave next you your nuts, and ever worse, the kids ride in the back so they will get more exposure. Enjoy the ride!
Good luck then. You have been exposed to so much rf and any number of other items for years. Much less plasticizers, herbicides and pesticides.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s certainly not cutting edge technology in the vehicle semiconductors currently used, but the shortage is more than likely industry self induced.
In March 2020, the global pandemic prompted automakers, suppliers and car dealerships to close down. The economy went into a recession.
The automakers, who have experienced previous recessions, quickly canceled orders for parts with computer chips, thinking auto sales would nosedive, said Michelle Krebs, executive analyst for Autotrader.

Sales of new cars did plummet initially, but quickly rebounded with pent-up demand and 0% financing offers. Also, dealers figured out how to sell vehicles online, offering home pickup and delivery.

So when the factories restarted, the stronger-than-expected demand for new vehicles outpaced production and has yet to catch up.
https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2021/06/15/car-chip-shortage-2021/7688773002/
The fact cpus for cars are old fab doesn’t help matters. The cpu mfg have no reason to ramp up production for them.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you should be way more concerned with having a cell phone next to your head.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got a converter box and kept the old tv.
Yep, and when that old TV finally quits you will have a hard time trying to find anyone that can repair it or even get the parts for it (depending on what's wrong with it). Maybe you can get an old set off of ebay or at a garage sale, hoping that it still works for a while more. Eventually, if you want a TV, you will have to bow to the governments mandate. I'm not anti-government, but sometimes they go a liitle too far about telling us what we have to have, have to do, or how to live.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a time in the '50's and '60's when it was believed that we would go blind if we sat too close to the TV screen. Then it was about getting cancer from those newfangled microwave ovens; and lets not forget about the claim that putting cell phones next to our head would give us brain cancer or secretly transmit our thoughts to 'them'. Then came the claim that '5G' was responsible for everything from cancer to slowing the rotation of the planet. Now it's all about EV batteries making us sterile.

I can't wait to see what the next claim by the 'tin-foil crowd' is about 😂

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck then. You have been exposed to so much rf and any number of other items for years. Much less plasticizers, herbicides and pesticides.
Right, so we need more stuff to add on top of all that...and it should be mandatory so we can save the planet :)
I think you should be way more concerned with having a cell phone next to your head.
I try to avoid it just in case.
There was a time in the '50's and '60's when it was believed that we would go blind if we sat too close to the TV screen. Then it was about getting cancer from those newfangled microwave ovens; and lets not forget about the claim that putting cell phones next to our head would give us brain cancer or secretly transmit our thoughts to 'them'. Then came the claim that '5G' was responsible for everything from cancer to slowing the rotation of the planet. Now it's all about EV batteries making us sterile.

I can't wait to see what the next claim by the 'tin-foil crowd' is about 😂
Yes because we can prove every case of cancer was never caused by any of that right? Aren't you one of the anti-mRNA crowd? You better get your hat on because we all know that it 100% safe an effective over the long term right?

Or are you approaching it from an environmental perspective and attacking anyone who questions electric vehicle dominance?"c'mon man..." LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom