Are you ready?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right, so we need more stuff to add on top of all that...and it should be mandatory so we can save the planet :)

I try to avoid it just in case.

Yes because we can prove every case of cancer was never caused by any of that right? Aren't you one of the anti-mRNA crowd? You better get your hat on because we all know that it 100% safe an effective over the long term right?

Or are you approaching it from an environmental perspective and attacking anyone who questions electric vehicle dominance?"c'mon man..." LOL
No idea what your concern is with electric cars. Afraid of dc, or just electricity? Really, I’m wondering what exactly you think is going to cause cancer? You may very well be right.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No idea what your concern is with electric cars. Afraid of dc, or just electricity? Really, I’m wondering what exactly you think is going to cause cancer? You may very well be right.
I'm not scared of them...I am just a skeptic in general...artificial EMF hasn't been "the case" for 99.999999999% of human existance since the dawn of time. We have no idea in a couple hundred years looking back what the effect will "really" be. But it is radiation...I don't stand right in front of the microwave either...I've read before that a lot of the cataracts may be caused by people doing that for half their lives...It's not too much trouble for me to try to avoid it....I support people's right to choose :)

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not scared of them... I support people's right to choose :)

I agree, if thats what one wants, go for it!

But at the same time, DO NOT try to ram it down my throat!!!

But on a side note, how will the electrical grid handle the number of electric cars that the powers-to-be think we need on the road in the next 10 years???

Thats something to ponder!

And when their is a good storm and the powerlines are down for days, (maybe weeks), uh-oh, whataya do then?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not scared of them...I am just a skeptic in general...artificial EMF hasn't been "the case" for 99.999999999% of human existance since the dawn of time. We have no idea in a couple hundred years looking back what the effect will "really" be. But it is radiation...I don't stand right in front of the microwave either...I've read before that a lot of the cataracts may be caused by people doing that for half their lives...It's not too much trouble for me to try to avoid it....I support people's right to choose :)

Well, I got cataracts and thus the surgery and about the only time I use a microwave is when I fix popcorn, which is about every evening. But then, I'm not standing anywhere near it while it is popping.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fact cpus for cars are old fab doesn’t help matters. The cpu mfg have no reason to ramp up production for them.
Older and some current CPU’s used in vehicles are primitive 8 or 16 bit for simple jobs.
The new versions are 32 bit ARM processors that monitors a multitude of operations at high speeds which is still obsolete when compared to the 64 bit used in industrial control systems currently.
When I left the industry 128 bit was in the works.
Back to automobiles, the technology in developing auto electronics is running 10X faster than what chip producers can keep up with along with the poor business decisions the auto manufacturers made in shutting down orders.
It will catch up eventually.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw a show tonight that focused on primitive populations in North Korea that were basically blind with cataracts. Youth through seniors.
They had never seen a MW or TV or cell phone for that matter.
The medical people treating them and restoring their vision attributed it to nutrition and the starvation they endure.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right, so we need more stuff to add on top of all that...and it should be mandatory so we can save the planet :)

I try to avoid it just in case.

Yes because we can prove every case of cancer was never caused by any of that right? Aren't you one of the anti-mRNA crowd? You better get your hat on because we all know that it 100% safe an effective over the long term right?

Or are you approaching it from an environmental perspective and attacking anyone who questions electric vehicle dominance?"c'mon man..." LOL
I suppose I could try and explain that my comment (#39) was a sardonic jab at those that see scary results from items that have proven over time to be relatively benign. But considering the fact that according to your profile your from "Twilight Zone", trying to point out actualities (or even reality) would probably be a hard sell 😂😂

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What eludes me is why they went to using computer chips in vehicles anyway. Does it improve gas milage or reduce emissions? Performance perhaps? Swampratt's '57 Chevy seemed to run pretty good with any chips.
You may have gotten a response, however computer chips control a lot. Fuel Injection, timing, Ignition, throttle, alternator load, traction, suspension, tubo boost, shift points. camshaft phasing in some cases, all data is stored and used to contribute to better gas mileage, more horsepower and torque. Think of it this way. You can buy a 350 + HP V8 pickup truck and get 20 mpg or better. Want to run e85 or 101 Octane, take your car to a tuner and with a new program you can get 50 to 100 HP over stock without a camshaft or carb change. The 57 Chevy though is immune to emp... Assuming you are still using a mechanical distributor... And it looks way cooler...

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fact is, Electric cars are not ready for prime time. The grid power can't handle it (If 10% of all cars were electric think rolling blackouts). As for a consumer 25 minutes at best for an 80% charge and hours more for a full charge? As for being environmentally friendly now you have a variety of chemicals like lithium, cobalt acids (hydrofloric in lithium ion batteries). Also now an electric shock hazard in the event of an accident. Batteries are prone to fires as well. If Charge time was alot less (15 minutes to a full charge) and batteries would last a decade instead of years I may be a lot more ineterested. Oh yeah, battery costs. A battery pack dies after your warranty expires think $5,000 plus to replace... At least my ICE may run 150K to 300K miles w/o replacement.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw a show tonight that focused on primitive populations in North Korea that were basically blind with cataracts. Youth through seniors.
They had never seen a MW or TV or cell phone for that matter.
The medical people treating them and restoring their vision attributed it to nutrition and the starvation they endure.
Well of course the same condition can likely be caused by multiple causes. Starving people probably causes a lot of problems...so does too much radiation. I don't know if what I read was true, but I cn tell you the faraday cages on microwaves do leak. Try the cell phone test sometime...if phone rings inside the microwave (not while running of course), then the cage isn't blocking 100% of the radiation. I still use them of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom