Argentina Dove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, but they don't have anything to do with Ptarmigan. We drank apple chicha dipped out of a 5-gallon bucket. That stuff will knock you in the head. There may be videos of me crawling up a set of stairs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicha

Take your own guns? We’re renting theirs. Too much hassle to fly with them down there anymore, and I don’t want to risk losing any of mine, plus I don’t really want to shoot any of mine 4000 times in 4 days. We figure shells will be one of our largest expenses.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Older couple that shoots trap with my daughter goes about every three years. They take nothing with them but clothes and tip money. They used the outfitter's guns, have to buy their shells because you can't bring your own. Food and drinks are first class, they shoot hundreds of birds per day.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A man i knew in Tulsa would take his son every 2 or 3 years.He said the place he went only used benelli montefeltros in 20 gauge and they were changed out at 750,000 rounds.He said he shot more dove in 2 days than most people do in a lifetime.I knew him from the summit club if you are familiar with that and he told me the food at the place he went in Argentenia was some of the best he had ever eaten in his life.The only bad thing is the long plane ride or he would have went every year.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A man i knew in Tulsa would take his son every 2 or 3 years.He said the place he went only used benelli montefeltros in 20 gauge and they were changed out at 750,000 rounds.He said he shot more dove in 2 days than most people do in a lifetime.I knew him from the summit club if you are familiar with that and he told me the food at the place he went in Argentenia was some of the best he had ever eaten in his life.The only bad thing is the long plane ride or he would have went every year.

Yeah, that 15 hr plane ride is something else.

This is our outfitter. David Denies | Bird Hunting in Argentina & Uruguay

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Older couple that shoots trap with my daughter goes about every three years. They take nothing with them but clothes and tip money. They used the outfitter's guns, have to buy their shells because you can't bring your own. Food and drinks are first class, they shoot hundreds of birds per day.
These hundreds of birds, do you eat them, donate them to hungry folks or let them lay?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neighbor at the farm went last year. Used their shotguns that were cleaned and serviced every evening. Their package included 250 shells. After that you bought shells from them. They weren’t cheap but affordable. Second day of a three day hunt their shoulders hurt too bad to shoot anymore so the guide service took them fishing.
Third day they shot the free shells and called it a hunt. Shoulder issues again.
He said the resort, food, and hospitality were first class.
Recommended that I make the trip as it was the finest he had been on overall.
Edit: I recommend one of the PAST magnum recoil pads to wear to prevent the shoulder getting bruised.
I use one when shooting the 30-06 light weight rifle. Makes the recoil feel like .223.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These hundreds of birds, do you eat them, donate them to hungry folks or let them lay?
Local kids fetch them for the hunters for a pic, then take them to eat with a big fat tip in their back pockets my neighbor told me.
There are so many dove they destroy crops.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neighbor at the farm went last year. Used their shotguns that were cleaned and serviced every evening. Their package included 250 shells. After that you bought shells from them. They weren’t cheap but affordable. Second day of a three day hunt their shoulders hurt too bad to shoot anymore so the guide service took them fishing.
Third day they shot the free shells and called it a hunt. Shoulder issues again.
He said the resort, food, and hospitality were first class.
Recommended that I make the trip as it was the finest he had been on overall.
Edit: I recommend one of the PAST magnum recoil pads to wear to prevent the shoulder getting bruised.
I use one when shooting the 30-06 light weight rifle. Makes the recoil feel like .223.
I got so desperate once I used three Kotex pads wrapped in electrical tape as a shoulder saver. It was ugly but it worked great.

You would think someone would invent an aftermarket recoil buffer kit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got so desperate once I used three Kotex pads wrapped in electrical tape as a shoulder saver. It was ugly but it worked great.

You would think someone would invent an aftermarket recoil buffer kit.
There are some around that trap shooters and others that do high volume shooting use. Back in my trap days I used a O/U Browning. The lower tube got a mercury cell that buffered the recoil. It could be inserted in the buttstock as well.
@Okie4570 has a daughter currently shooting trap. He or others on the board may know what currently may be used by the shooters.
This is what I use for bench time with HP rifles.
One using it for Shotgun hunting would require a gun with a shorter than their normal LOP as the pad extends it.
Maybe choose a youth model?

Caldwell Recoil Shields with Adjustable Fit and Padding for Shotgun and Rifle Recoil Reduction, Shooting and Hunting https://a.co/d/2o7M3Pp

Latest posts

Top Bottom