Arkansas NFA restrictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have a link to something official? I plan on taking the can over there and from what I can tell in the NFA handbook, there is no NFA restrictions on taking a Suppressor/AOW interstate unless the state has an issue with it.

So far I've read that AR is very NFA friendly and has no restrictions, but I've not seen anything official - I would love to have the official doc before making an assumption.

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing is required to take your silencer or AOW to Arkansas or any other NFA friendly state. You have to get back an approved 5320.20 in order to take an MG, SBR, SBS across state lines. Conveniently, if you go to the same place several times a year, you can fill out the form for an entire year at a time and it will be approved like that. I fill them out in January and make them effective until the end of December. They have always been approved like that in about two weeks. ATF really does not worry about silencers and AOWs after the tax has been paid. You don't even have to tell them if you make a permanent move.

However, don't take my word for it. You can read it for yourself on the Form 1 or Form 4.

Rob

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing is required to take your silencer or AOW to Arkansas or any other NFA friendly state. You have to get back an approved 5320.20 in order to take an MG, SBR, SBS across state lines. Conveniently, if you go to the same place several times a year, you can fill out the form for an entire year at a time and it will be approved like that. I fill them out in January and make them effective until the end of December. They have always been approved like that in about two weeks. ATF really does not worry about silencers and AOWs after the tax has been paid. You don't even have to tell them if you make a permanent move.

However, don't take my word for it. You can read it for yourself on the Form 1 or Form 4.

Rob

Yeah, I've read that in the NFA handbook, and I've also read numerous things saying that AR is NFA friendly, but I just wanted to see the official "Arkansas NFA restrictions" or whatever so I knew for a fact that AR is officially "NFA Friendly".

Just seems like they're hiding it pretty well (OKs isn't nearly as hard to find, but then again, I'm used to it).

Latest posts

Top Bottom