Arkansas outlaws left lane camping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma made that a law some years back also. They still camp in it. Be nice if the cops actually did something about it in either state
Until people stop killing each other and themselves on the highway, we will never get the County SO and Troopers to enforce this. OHP said they are down like 100 plus Troopers, County SO's are dealing with thefts like crazy and traffic fatalities are crazy high. Hanging out in the left lane is so low priority right now it sucks.

I'm right there with you.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they were really concerned about safety, they'd probably worry less about what lane you drive in and more about tailgating.

Gunblinder

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This law and any others about left lane driving are just jokes around here for 2 reasons, first, it doesn’t get enforced, when there is no bite to fear, then it happens and second, left lane exits...nuff said there

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In OK, can I be pulled over for speeding under the following situation?

Posted speed limit is 70
Traffic flow is 70
I'm in the left lane because my speedo/tire calibration causes me to go 0.85027 MPH faster than everyone else, even though my speedo reads 70 on the dot
Someone comes up behind me in the left lane doing 90
I need to speed up to find the next appropriate opening in the right lane to settle back in

This is the stupid and pointless game I end up playing when I drive anywhere. Either speed limits and lane laws are enforced rigidly or they aren't enforced at all. Having the answer be "somewhere in the middle" is what makes everything go inefficient and retarded.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rehash the rehash from the previous 20 threads!! This subject shall never go peacefully into the night !
Drive like I drive or burn in the deepest darkest pits of Hades you cretons!! :cool:

If you guys are talking about arguing over speed limits, then my solution has been to drive 10 or 15 under if I'm not in a huge rush. Saves gas, less noise, everyone has to pass me instead.

But man some people seem to be blind or asleep on the highway and they'll pass at the very last minute. Like a foot from my rear bumper in some cases.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If you guys are talking about arguing over speed limits, then my solution has been to drive 10 or 15 under if I'm not in a huge rush. Saves gas, less noise, everyone has to pass me instead.

But man some people seem to be blind or asleep on the highway and they'll pass at the very last minute. Like a foot from my rear bumper in some cases.
Oh, your that guy!! If you have no place to be stay home lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom