Arkansas outlaws left lane camping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you guys are talking about arguing over speed limits, then my solution has been to drive 10 or 15 under if I'm not in a huge rush. Saves gas, less noise, everyone has to pass me instead.

But man some people seem to be blind or asleep on the highway and they'll pass at the very last minute. Like a foot from my rear bumper in some cases.

As long as you stay outta the left lane when not in a hurry . . . :hey3:

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as you stay outta the left lane when not in a hurry . . . :hey3:
You would think I could just cruise along in the right lane doing, for example, 60mph on I44 between OKC and Tulsa, but I STILL have to pass some cars and semis.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People always seem to make this way harder than it should be. If you're in the left lane and someone comes up behind you please move over if at all possible. Let them pass and then move back over if you want. Don't just stay there and try to prove something by telling your passengers "I'm doing the speed limit they can wait". And for the love of Pete . . . don't move over to the right lane and then floor it.

The way some folks drive astounds me . . .
Agree.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You would think I could just cruise along in the right lane doing, for example, 60mph on I44 between OKC and Tulsa, but I STILL have to pass some cars and semis.
Well yeah . . . you will in some cases. The issue though is when you move to pass them and stay at 60 mph so it takes longer to pass them than it should and folks pile up behind you in the left lane.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who dont like riding in the left lane?

It generally gets less use and therefore has the better ride!

And if you keep zig zaging from the right lane to the left and back to the right, that will make your trip longer! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom