Arkansas trout fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to fish the Norfolk and White rivers this past weekend and part of monday. I only fished a couple of places but must say it's the kind of place a fly fisherman will love. Riffle, run and pool areas. One spot I fished had 5 different runs flowing thru it and they all held fish. I caught all my fish on the fly rod with around 1/3 of them being brown trout. I caught between 60-70 fish with the biggest rainbow being 15" and my biggest brown being 12". The Norfolk has Rainbow, Brown, Cutthroat and Brook trout. We only caught Rainbows and Browns. Genes trout resort is where we stayed and I would recommend it. Nice place. The potential to catch a huge fish here is something that could happen.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're going next month. It'll be my first trip to the White River. Have no idea what I'm doing, but going with some guys that have been before.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've fished the white below Bull shoals several times, but only with spinning gear at Gastons Resort.
Fishing is great there. I want to go back now that I've taken up the fly rod.

Latest posts

Top Bottom