Armalite .308 I shot one finally. My opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Swamp you are shortchanging yourself. I was gonna sell my Weatherby and a Marlin to build an AR in 6.5 because it's a better platform for hunting. It just is. Lighter, faster follow ups, and more accurate than most bolt guns out of the box or at least every bit as accurate. Both my bone stock M&P15 and my franken upper with a midweight DPMS barrel will ring steel at 300 yards so well it's actually boring and that's with your basic run of the mill 55gr FMJ bulk ammo. They do so well I've not even bothered to work up a 69 or 77 grain long range load for either one. They are nothing special at all.

A 6.5 and a shorter lighter 6.8 or 5.56 will handle any hunting you want to do in about 49 states. Reason I didn't was because I didn't get any hits on those I was selling and work was slowing down, but I will have one and it will be my primary hunting gun. Get with someone knowledgeable and mount a scope properly where you can get a decent cheek weld. You'll like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom