Armed citizens aid police.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why did the teenager jump out and run after the crash if he was indeed innocent and being held against his will? Or did he try to run after seeing the neighbors with guns?

Wish the article would have been a little clearer on that point.

This is what came to mind when I read the story.
They only arrested one person, so maybe the other person was really kidnapped?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see your point for felons with violent crimes in their past. However (not necessarily directed towards you) condoning the shooting of a unarmed (remove) person (replace with)who is not attempting to cause you or another great bodily harm makes you one of them regardless how you perceive it.

I guess you didn't read my first post...I said I understand NOT killing/shooting them, but you could deliver them to the police bloody....meaning kick their arse!

My other rant was about once a crook always a crook and how people here are so compassionate for the turd that got caught. He was a FELON.....not your average everyday citizen..We are talking about a guy who risked who knows how many lives before crashing out a STOLEN vehicle and possibly holding a kid against his will...before you jump all over me, read ALL of my post...:boxing3::scream:

The last couple felons I dealt with did not have a huge "F" on their head designating them a felon. In fact, most of them look like any normal person. :)

In other words, there's no way you could have known the guy was a felon, nor could you have known it was a stolen vehicle when you walked up and "popped a cap" in him.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
End it right there. The perps put the general public in danger during the chase. Once a crook always a crook!

So many bleeding hearts for the criminals.

I don't ask the state to give me there permission to exercise my 1st, 2nd or any other bill of rights!!!

Uhhh, which amendment is the right to shoot an unarmed person?!? :screwy:
However, proof once again that the only intelligence requirement for the internet is the ability to type.... :flybuzz:

Please learn to speak a language that we understand and assimilate. Your post makes no sense at all.

I already have to press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish, I really don't intend on pressing 3 for Bushman.

kthxbai

Hee hee :owned3:

Why?....those people were protecting their neighbors, families, property, etc....I won't hesitate to put a cap in someone's arse messing around with my house, family, property.....

To quote a famous American, "Mama always said, Stupid is as stupid does":wink2:

Man, some of you guys comments really worry me.

A big +1 on that......

The last couple felons I dealt with did not have a huge "F" on their head designating them a felon. In fact, most of them look like any normal person. :)

In other words, there's no way you could have known the guy was a felon, nor could you have known it was a stolen vehicle when you walked up and "popped a cap" in him.

Don't try to bring logic into this....:bowdown: Would have been sad if the passenger was the felon forcing the driver to drive that way, huh? Of course, because we are gun owners, CCW holders and the last line of defense for the general public, we are on a higher plane of enlightenment and can discern felons and liberals with a simple glance. :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, some of you guys comments really worry me.

This ... again ... ad nauseum ... **sigh**

Most of your crooks that commit felonies, usually, will ALWAYS be crooks. Most Felons don't change. I deal with felons ALL the time. It's a shame that they still don't have the fleeing felon rule, but modify it for violent crimes, not things like fraud.....Then we wouldn't have to pay so much for these a-holes to sit and watch tv, work out, and play basketball in the court yard.... It's easy for most of you to be merciful towards these crooks because you have never dealt with one....Wait until one of your family members is shot, stabbed, robbed, etc....you won't feel the same...

This may be but still ... (and not to sound like a liberal here because I am all for the bad guys getting their just desserts) we have a system in place (flawed though it is but that is another thread in and of itself) for dealing with felons.

You say "Most Felons don't change." That may be but do you have a crystal ball on your front sight that tells you instantly what a particular felon is gonna do in the future?

As for the bolded part ... you are right ... I have never had a family member harmed by a felon in any way but I think about how I would handle myself often if it were to happen -- kinda comes with the territory around here.

I went on a ride along with GC one time and watched him deal with a felon he had to arrest and take to county.

On the way to in, GC treated the guy like he was one of our neighbors, talked to him about how he got where he is and if he thought he was ever gonna be able to turn things around. Was there anything GC could do to try to help him do that. The guy had mentioned that he hadn't eaten in a day or so. First thing GC did when we got to county was get him a couple of bologna sandwiches ... Last thing he said to him before we left him there was "Good luck, man. Try to get that drinking thing taken care of before you hurt yourself or somebody else, will ya?"

I cannot remember a time I ever respected and loved a man so much as I did GC at that moment.

It is NOT easy to be merciful ... it is the hardest thing a person will ever do, especially if they deal with the dregs of society on a regular basis like you guys do. But once you lose the ability to be merciful the bad guys have won. I was well on my way to being an old woman when I learned that lesson. My husband is the one who taught it to me.

I guess you didn't read my first post...I said I understand NOT killing/shooting them, but you could deliver them to the police bloody....meaning kick their arse!

My other rant was about once a crook always a crook and how people here are so compassionate for the turd that got caught. He was a FELON.....not your average everyday citizen..We are talking about a guy who risked who knows how many lives before crashing out a STOLEN vehicle and possibly holding a kid against his will...before you jump all over me, read ALL of my post...:boxing3::scream:

It worries me that you think it is appropriate for a citizen to exact some kind of justice or revenge or punishment on someone else.

Thank goodness you realize that you are ranting. I don't know how long you have been a cop or what has happened to you or any of your fellow officers. But I do know it's a rough job ... I can understand where you are coming from, but it is not your responsibility to judge whether someone can turn their life around or not ... Don't take responsibility for the entire world. No good can come from it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why we love BB. :)

I don't know that this other guy is LEO BB.

Yeah, I don't remember which thread I read it in but I am pretty sure he is an officer up around you guys somewhere.

Honestly, in a perfect world, I would probably lean a lot more to his way of thinking. I get sick and tired of the bad guy always getting treated with kid gloves. The problem as I see it is that it's not that easy to discern who the bad guy is sometimes ... or whether the bad guy is really trying to get things turned around or just feeding you a line of crap.

Still our system is better than the alternatives out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom