Armed Guard Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with OK law pertaining to transport of duty weapon by security officers. In the state of Georgia, as long as the company allows you to leave their area with an issued firearm, or its a company where you have to provide your own, then you are authorized to travel armed to and from work, stopping for gas and small things and such at like a QT is allowed. That doesn't mean you can wander the lanes of Walmart and such. I see no reason it wouldn't be the same here.

The federal security I worked we couldn't leave with an issued firearm, but could with our uniforms on, I know it was a hassle, but I changed there after work and drove home with my CCW. I didn't nor were we allowed by Ga law to carry a secondary weapon. Other than issued long guns at the CDC. The CDC compound I was on had all the live test animals.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with OK law pertaining to transport of duty weapon by security officers. In the state of Georgia, as long as the company allows you to leave their area with an issued firearm, or its a company where you have to provide your own, then you are authorized to travel armed to and from work, stopping for gas and small things and such at like a QT is allowed. That doesn't mean you can wander the lanes of Walmart and such. I see no reason it wouldn't be the same here.

Its not the same here. A licensed armed security guard may only carry a firearm under that license while in the employ of the agency or company, and only while on duty. Period. A licensed Private Investigator may carry at any time, concealed.

LoveMyJeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not the same here. A licensed armed security guard may only carry a firearm under that license while in the employ of the agency or company, and only while on duty. Period. A licensed Private Investigator may carry at any time, concealed.

Which makes perfect sense. We don't want people on their way to and from work wearing a target (oops, I meant a uniform and badge) to be armed. Especially when they have been properly trained with that firearm. :uhwhat:

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An intelligent individual would dress when they get to work, and undress before they leave, carrying their firearm on their SDA permit.....

As for proper training, Phase III isnt exactly Thunder Ranch.

I, personally, dont have an issue with the statute. Their is far too much chance of mistaken identity with a security guard vs a police officer. This goes both ways.. A security guard can be the victim of retaliation on police officers, or could be called upon to act to stop a crime, which they are not trained to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom