Armed When Answering Door???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prather

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put up a no trespassing sign, then when someone knocks on the door ask them if you noticed the no trespass sign.oh ya with gun in hand as your calling for leo to arrest the person who just criminally trespassed on your property......

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, Oklahoma used to have strict guidelines (text size and content) for legally defensible "No Tresspassing" signs.

But it's been a long time since I looked into it.

Worth a Google...when I did, what I learned offered little help for a typical "home" on a street. Seemed to be geared to more rural areas with setbacks or road access controls.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here's another one that ends badly when answering your door with a gun in hand

Last edited:

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apartment resident opening door with pistol in combat stance perhaps shouldn't have been the tactic of choice....sounds completely different than my original question, for sure, although I appreciate the food for thought about identification....thanks.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Knock At The Door Leads To Shots Fired Between Suspect, Tulsa Homeowner
Jul 30, 2016

KOTV.images.worldnow.com_images_11126210_G.jpg

TULSA, Oklahoma -
Police say a knock at the front door led to a shooting outside an east Tulsa home early Saturday.

Officers were called to a home in the 14300 block of East 36th Street just after 3:30 a.m. in reference to shots fired.

The homeowner, who was in the garage playing pool with some friends, told police heard a loud knock at the door.

He told police he answered the door with a gun in hand out of concern for his safety. As he opened the door, he said the suspect saw the gun and ran towards a nearby car. He said the suspect also produced a gun and fired it in his direction.

The homeowner told officers he returned fire with one shot apparently hitting the driver of the suspect's vehicle.

Police say a short time, the driver showed up at a Broken Arrow hospital suffering from a gunshot wound. They said he is expected to be OK.

http://www.newson6.com/story/325780...o-shots-fired-between-suspect-tulsa-homeowner

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knock At The Door Leads To Shots Fired Between Suspect, Tulsa Homeowner
Jul 30, 2016

KOTV.images.worldnow.com_images_11126210_G.jpg

TULSA, Oklahoma -
Police say a knock at the front door led to a shooting outside an east Tulsa home early Saturday.

Officers were called to a home in the 14300 block of East 36th Street just after 3:30 a.m. in reference to shots fired.

The homeowner, who was in the garage playing pool with some friends, told police heard a loud knock at the door.

He told police he answered the door with a gun in hand out of concern for his safety. As he opened the door, he said the suspect saw the gun and ran towards a nearby car. He said the suspect also produced a gun and fired it in his direction.

The homeowner told officers he returned fire with one shot apparently hitting the driver of the suspect's vehicle.

Police say a short time, the driver showed up at a Broken Arrow hospital suffering from a gunshot wound. They said he is expected to be OK.

http://www.newson6.com/story/325780...o-shots-fired-between-suspect-tulsa-homeowner

Something seems weird about this. Maybe they knew each other, maybe not. Robbers knocking loud on doors at 330am with someone waiting in the car then shooting while outside and not inside. Hmmm. Im a latenighter up at those hours myself, will have to keep an eye on things the cameras dont pick up, if they get past the gate.

Blackbirdpilot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of these knock at the door scenarios might be the one good use of a CC fanny pack or a small "bump in the night" type of bag. Something to keep handy when you aren't wearing pants/holster. I have a 5.11 2 banger. Typically if someone comes to your door at 3am or some such you want to have your gun ready but if it turns out to be legit (or you need both hands for something) its nice to have a place to holster vs standing there talking to the police with your chopper in your hand.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
99% of the time it's either someone trying to sell me something i don't need, lawn care, steaks, or jesus, so i just don't answer the door. That 1% leftover is split between friends, delivery men, and the police. My friends have my number, delivery men can leave it on the porch, and the police can read my "come back with warrant," welcome mat

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the hell would somebody answer the door at any time of the day unless they have a method to identify who is at the door? Peep hole, video cam, or whatever.
Advantage of living in the country in an isolated area. Since 1998 when we moved in, we have had one person knock on our door, and it wasn't answered. I was ready, just didn't answer and give away my location which would not be behind the door making an easy place to get shot if somebody was intent on getting in and just shot through it when you asked "who's there".

Latest posts

Top Bottom