Armslist Dealings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know if any of you buy or trade guns on Armslist . I do if I find a gun I think I need. I met an older guy in Edmond to buy a lever action .357mag at a reasonable price. The guy claimed that he bought it new and it was unfired. Have you ever heard that before? I’m not going to stand there and call a guy a liar if the gun looks like new and has everything with it. I don’t care if it’s had a few rounds through it. Now if it looks like it has had many rounds fired I’ll offer them less or just go home. I do tend to get suspicious if the seller over emphasizes things about the gun like this guy did. The loading gate had traces of copper on it that he claimed was from loading it for using it as a bedside gun. Now he had already told me that he has a Ruger LCRX on Armslist for sale also. Why would you want to use the rifle for a bedside gun if you had a good pistol? He had the rifle in one of those gun socks which explains why once I got it home I found that the brass bead was missing off the front sight. I emailed him about reimbursing me for a new sight since he claimed the gun was new and I didn’t get a reply. Now if he had replied and said he didn’t know I would have thought better of the old guy. He also over emphasized the that a factory sticker was still on the lever. He showed me a Winchester 9422 ( which I’m sure is unfired ) that he had in the trunk of his car also. It had a damaged area in the bluing on the magazine tube and he asked me what could he do to cover it up. I told him he could try cold bluing it but, I didn’t think it would look 100%. I noticed today that there was a 9422 on Armslist for $1000. If you contact the seller of the Ruger LCRX or the 9422 and their phone number is 405-630-9537 then you need to check out the gun real well. I didn’t know the rifle I bought was missing the sight bead until I found close up pictures of it on web. Buyer be aware on Armslist. I've never had a problem dealing on here.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks.
I currently have an item on Armslist, I pulled the other one, because most of the responses I got were so shady I didn't even acknowledge them.

I'm surprised that lever gun was such a ripoff - it seems the potential clientele it determined by the item. I'd have figured lever gun, classic bolt gun, that sort of thing would involved a different sort. I put a cheap semi-auto up, and the responses were....predictable, lol.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not had any issues.
The front sight bead being gone is a little bit on you for not inspecting the gun in a thorough way.
For him to reimburse you on an issue you did not know about and him possibly not knowing about is a bit iffy.
That bead could have been pulled off the last time the sock was removed.

When buying an item you must inspect said item be it a car or house or whatever and agree on a price.
Yes there are car lemon laws.
Insurances you can buy for homes etc.

I am not siding with the seller or buyer just stating you and everyone else needs to inspect things a lot better and
this experience you had can be a very good lesson for all of us.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only things I buy or sell on Armslist are mostly brass. The few guns I have sold there I make sure they have the time to really check it out.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that is his 9422 but, without contacting the seller I can't say 100%. As far as noticing that the bead was gone. When I got home I notice a small dimple in the front sight and had to get on the web and find a picture to know there was a bead missing. As far as the seller knowing that the bead was missing, he would not reply to the email I sent him about it. That equals guilt to me. I was sure he was lying about the gun being new and unfired , that part didn't bother me because it looked like new. I'm 100% honest in my gun trading and sells. I guess that is too much to expect of everyone. I tore the gun apart and spent two days polishing every internal contact surface and lightened the trigger pull. I think it will be a keeper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom