Armslist is always perfectly legit....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, 2 different listings, and they appear in this order..

upload_2020-10-12_18-48-31.png

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm convinced there is any many or more scam ads than there are legitimate ads at this point.

On Sunday, I saw an ad for a 'P365' for $400 in the OKC section. When I looked at the photo, it was actually a P365 SAS. I contacted the seller, and got a text with 'are you local, and a serious buyer??'. When I responded in the affirmative, I got a message stating that 'I'm in Illinois, I'll send you my account info and you send payment, I'll ship the firearm to you', blah blah blah. I sent a snarky message back. I then went on the website to see what other ads they posted, and they had the P365 in OKC, and guns for sale in Texas, New Mexico, and Michigan. SCAM!!

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that is a 12 Ga Mav 88, it's either been chopped down or has a different barrel on it than it came with. According to the Mossberg website, the 12 Ga Vent Rib models came with a 28" barrel. The Youth 20Ga is what that looks like to me.
https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/maverick-88/

It's a 12 ga that has been cut down to the 20 inch vent rib, because there isn't a vent rib post again until the 17 inch mark. They look goofy as heck cut down to 18 inches and missing one inch of vent rib... Ask me how I know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom