Armslist is dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here pay the exorbitant price for an Armslist account?

When the membership costs began, I sincerely smelled money grab. They justify it all by saying they have legal costs yadda yadda, but I fail to see how their legal costs could be that high, especially when sites like okshooters and even GB remain free or at the least, low cost

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you had listing up when the change happened you can continue to use the and update them, whatever. I've been using the same three slots since the start. No fees, no worries. Just can't contact anyone if they don't post their info.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have been sued numerous times for their platform being used by bad guys to buy guns and then commit crime. I imagine the legal fees are quite extensive.
Here is one of the most recent
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.postcrescent.com/amp/3622221001
And another
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...kn5fkhiepbq7cjwren4-story.html?outputType=amp
Interesting. Even with all their disclosures and such, still found liable beyond basic dismissal. Sounds like the smarter approach is to stop providing such services in states that actively hunt down firearm related services

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here pay the exorbitant price for an Armslist account?

When the membership costs began, I sincerely smelled money grab. They justify it all by saying they have legal costs yadda yadda, but I fail to see how their legal costs could be that high, especially when sites like okshooters and even GB remain free or at the least, low cost

I'm not a huge fan, but ~$4-7 is exorbitant lol?

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan, but ~$4-7 is exorbitant lol?
Per month, right? Just to advertise my firearms, while other platforms exist to do it for free, and offer no benefits to the seller in terms of security.

The cost versus benefit doesn't add up to me.

Not to mention, if you're a vendor, golly you're better off taking that money and advertising your business

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Per month, right? Just to advertise my firearms, while other platforms exist to do it for free, and offer no benefits to the seller in terms of security.

The cost versus benefit doesn't add up to me.

Not to mention, if you're a vendor, golly you're better off taking that money and advertising your business

It's a wider platform for sure, although I believe they killed a bit of that with the fees. It did survive the mass exodus. I guess I just didn't get the money grab/exorbitant part. Maybe I consider the overhead of running something like that?

For a conservative board it's interesting how some complain that people actually charge money for a service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom