Armslist is Dead??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is Armslist Dead

• Yes, I do not buy or sell on AL

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • No, I still buy or sell on AL

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I have recently bought or sold on AL

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have only sold one gun in the past few months on armslist. I bump my ads Friday evening usually. Usually that's the best time to do so. I have had zero nibbles in the past few weeks. Nobody has any money.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Armslist far more frequently than OSA for years for buying. OSAers are often very proud of their firearms and prices reflect that emotional tax.

Armslist was more for the causal firearms owner, so prices were much more competitive, and you had the occasional SOS sale where someone moved on from the hobby and dumped their stuff for pennies.

Once they added FFL ads, it was the beginning of the end however as it made navigating the site a chore, especially for the casual viewer. A few years later they added the current pay wall for everyone, and while the subscription price wasn’t that bad, the casual owner, “their primary audience,” wasn’t going to pay it. This shrunk the amount of members until it turned into another enthusiast site where everyone wants $550 for a factory used Glock because it’s “their” used Glock.

Gunbroker is about the only site left where you can still find competitive pricing, and that’s sad considering the shipping and FFL fees on top of the auction price are STILL less than asking prices locally.

It was cool while it lasted, I never had a bad experience, but that did mean turning down some deals here and there that seemed sketchy. I’ll miss Armslist when it goes dark eventually,
I've probably bought/sold more on Armslist than here in my lifetime. No major issues --- just an occasional time where my gut feeling was to pass to the next person. OSA has great deals as well, but when they drop they go fast.

I still get on there and browse --- my account is old as the hills and as long as I'm logged in I can still see prices without paying for anything. I just haven't really seen much there of interest lately. I was able to continue selling even after the paywall for a long long while, by changing the pictures/descriptions of the three listing spots I had, but eventually they made a change to the website that made it so I could not longer upload pictures. That pretty well killed off everything for me.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used Armslist far more frequently than OSA for years for buying. OSAers are often very proud of their firearms and prices reflect that emotional tax.

Armslist was more for the causal firearms owner, so prices were much more competitive, and you had the occasional SOS sale where someone moved on from the hobby and dumped their stuff for pennies.

Once they added FFL ads, it was the beginning of the end however as it made navigating the site a chore, especially for the casual viewer. A few years later they added the current pay wall for everyone, and while the subscription price wasn’t that bad, the casual owner, “their primary audience,” wasn’t going to pay it. This shrunk the amount of members until it turned into another enthusiast site where everyone wants $550 for a factory used Glock because it’s “their” used Glock.

Gunbroker is about the only site left where you can still find competitive pricing, and that’s sad considering the shipping and FFL fees on top of the auction price are STILL less than asking prices locally.

It was cool while it lasted, I never had a bad experience, but that did mean turning down some deals here and there that seemed sketchy. I’ll miss Armslist when it goes dark eventually,
When I dumped Armslist and I don't like the deals on Gun Broker like most of them cost less locally. I now spend most of my time on AR15.com and here on Oklahoma Shooters and feel I won't get ripped off on these two sites. I never had a problem on AR15.com been there since 2006. I hope to be here that long which would make me 101. LOL!

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
It is more so the caliber of userbase. Got ghosted 3 times with an item, great coms all the way up to meeting....then just ghosted over and over again.

I would say even more than the FB gun pages.

Then you have all these new people into firearms that spent 1500 in parts for their Gen 3 glock 19 and expect every single penny back.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold one a couple years ago on Armslist. It used to be a good platform for buying and selling firearms, especially used ones. When they started to charge people membership fees just to have access to viewing the listings on top of charging for the listings. That was the beginning of the end for them. In addition to all of the spam that cluttered up their site, dealers and FFLs all over the country used their platform and got a lot of business through them, but now they’ve really just alienated so many people at this point that they’ll never get their trust back. They got greedy, and that showed when their website started tanking. If they’re not dead by now, they’re on life support just waiting on someone to make the call to pull the plug.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no problem paying to list items for sales.

I do have a problem paying to look at listing.

You think you should be charged to enter a business?
Maybe Wally should have a $5 door charge.

Before the fees, there would 8-10 pages of individual sales listed. Now, hardly any, just dealers.
You mean like sams club and costco?

LongDDan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to like Armslist a lot, haven't been using it as much since they are charging. Seems that a lot of adds are overpriced and trying to sell for what they paid new.

Are there any alternate websites anyone has found for locally used guns

Danny

Latest posts

Top Bottom