Armslist making me pay to use.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well then..
I could understand paying to list, but paying to contact a seller. That will be the downfall of the site.

That WILL cut down on a ton of the bull**** users and scammers, though, I'll bet.

I might pay like $10 a year or something, but no way I'm paying $50 a year.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like a good move on their part. For the cost of one cup of coffee per month I can see reasonable people being willing to pay that. Maybe later they will offer other tiers of membership once the initial shock of paying to play wears off.

*I’d also guess that their ad revenues might be down, too.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That WILL cut down on a ton of the bull**** users and scammers, though, I'll bet.

I might pay like $10 a year or something, but no way I'm paying $50 a year.
It's kind of a debate. I've made such smart deals there that I'll make up $50 in one shot. But that depends on the ads posted and/or who is buying. If it keeps the dumb off the site then I might as well just got to a LGS.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't used them in many years. Kinda the Craigslist of the gun world.

I guess if I was a big time operator I might need the exposure but I get by just fine without 'em.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got this email
Dear Armslist User,

I hope all is well.

You may be finding yourself having some difficulty navigating the site. We thank you for your patience as we upgrade our infrastructure in an effort to reduce scams, and improve the overall user experience. As you may know, we are facing yet another lawsuit from the anti-gunners at Brady United. In an effort to offset the mounting legal costs, we have created a new paid account type: The Premium Personal Program. While it's still in it's early stages, our roadmap for the program includes some exciting new characteristics for our users including exclusive discounts, exclusive deals, and a plethora of new site and account features in the months to come. If you'd like to give it a try, click

Thank you again for your continued patience and support as we experience these growing pains. We hope to offer a vastly improved experience soon.

Best,

J. Gibbon

Latest posts

Top Bottom