Armslist making me pay to use.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with OSA classifieds?
Can't scam as easily?
Armslist was always scammy to me. Like craigslist.

Never thought I'd say this previously, but I've actually had better luck selling on AL than our classifieds. Nothing wrong with our classifieds, you just get more bites IMO. YMMV.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's wrong with OSA classifieds?
Can't scam as easily?
Armslist was always scammy to me. Like craigslist.
I rarely sell guns, but when I do I would list it on more than one site. If just using OSA to sell, the audience is smaller. If looking for something specific, casting a wider search often finds more options.

Some probably snag up deals on here and relist on Armslist.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A quick check of your posts show a few you posted here back in April and May this year. Not much else back to 2017. I see four in 2016. Maybe all your posts aren't showing up for some reason.
That sounds about right. 8 to 10ish guns sold all on Armslist except one actually sold on OSA

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only sold on AL once, I did a number of guns early this year to finance my long distance build.

I got a lot more traction on AL than on OSA - people here are much shrewder in terms of the deals they're looking for. I had to wade through a bunch of BS on AL, stupid morons emailing me, standing me up, one deal I walked away from because it was shady as f***. I think I only sold one from OSA.

Hey, it is what it is. Yes, I believe in capitalism, so I believe if they want to move to a pay to play model, that is their right. I'll evaluate whether I think it's worth it or not. At the price they're charging right now, I don't think so.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I post on OSA first and if it does not sell within a few days post it on other sites too. Many times I can get a local buyer on AL that just will not join OSA.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2010-2012-ish was the high mark for OSA classifieds “just my opinion”. I could move almost anything in a day or two. I’d love to see it that good again because I’ve never had a problem buying/selling/trading with any OSA member.

Maybe the change at Armslist will increase activity here.

I could probably stand to sell a few ARs and a pistol or two to free up space in the safe. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's look at the silver lining! Now our classifieds will be filled to the brim with new price gouging neckbierds that we can haze away like some people here enjoy doing so much.

Man I think I called this. I'm use to people from arms list with the "I know what have" and "do some research" crap, but it chaps me a little to see it here. Can we PLEASE reinstate minimum post count and member duration limits. Tired of seeing newbs already with this in Their posts. "I know what it’s worth, I’m not accepting offers. I’m firm on my price. Do some research.".

Latest posts

Top Bottom