Armslist Troll Alert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am so tired of worthless armslist people!!! I got set up by a guy in OKC this evening. He set me up to waste my time and gas money. He wanted to buy a Sig 226 I have posted, and made it seem like he would take it for my asking price. We were supposed to meet at 7:20 at oncue express in Stroud. Well, I show up and he isin't there. I text him multiple times and he doesn't respond. I call him twice and no answer. At 7:34 he texts me and says he will be there in 30 minutes. I ask him if there is a problem and he doesn't say anything. I sat there until 8:15 and he never shows, he kept texting that he was en route, then he starts low balling me half my asking price and trying to make it seem like I'm selling a hunk of junk. By this time I'm pretty mad and I just leave and drive to the girlfriends house north of Stroud. I blocked him, his number is 4056690587 I don't know his name. Apparently he wasn't happy I called out another welcher in my ad. I guess people think it's okay to welch on deals. I am pretty livid right now, I put all the money I had in my gas tank to get down there. So, guess I will go home and eat tuna and sausages.

Personally, I think people need to be aware of the armslist people with zero integrity. That's not illegal. Apparently I'm a magnet for them!!!! FML!!!!!

Instead of putting your last $ in the tank, offer a discount equal to the cost of the gas to come to you if you want. That way if they don't show you haven't spent your last $. And in the end you end up with the same net profit.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the world are you still driving to meet people? Unless I've dealt with the person before, I'm not driving far at all to meet up with them.

Armslist sucks since they started charging. Tulsa Gun Sales is a local and I'm going to support them - I'd much rather see them grow.
I have a few guns posted on Tulsa gun sales, trust me. I have sold one on there.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I just had a great deal with a guy off armslist. He was super nice, couldn't have been any nicer, former LE officer. Didn't get his name but a real stand up guy.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got one today!

A former Muskogee dog catcher text me about a gun I have for sale and because I didn't accept his low offer I was accused of being a Nigerian scammer, a kid just messing around, and a thief. He said he was going to report me to the ATF as a scammer! I told him to have a blessed day and blocked him. God bless you sir. He came across as a power hungry, rude individual.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are out there.

I had several Armslist buys and sells. Most went very well. Only once did I have a no show. There were a couple troll, low baller, and yellow flags; which I blocked.

After they changed the site, I had a no show, who tried to low ball, the next day. I don't do Armslist anymore.

Made a deal with and established seller here. Made the hour and half drive. He was a no show, it was his designated meet.
He contacts me a week later, accusing me of low balling him. Did I want to buy?

Low ball? HITF did I low ball, when you agreed to sell and set up the meet? Since I wasted $$ on gas with your no show, my offer is $$$ and i will call you out on forum for a no show.

Not a friendly meet, but deal made.

Vast majority are good deals. The few are out there. Be aware.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this message from a guy going as Braxtongo .today :pms2:
I appreciate your quick response concerning my inquiry. I'm Braxton Hardman, i am interested in this and located in INDIANA . Honestly i am comfortable with the price and the condition of the item . I will be adding $150 to the purchase price for shipping if you're willing to ship ... I want you to hold it for me before any other interested person. Please provide the info below for a cashier check to be mailed out to you for the item.

Name to be on the check........
Address the check will be delivered to.........
Phone number............(so i can text you)
Final asking price.............
Email address.............

It'll take 2 -3 days for the payment to get to you...As for delivery. Here's my dealer’s FFL License # 4-35-157-01-4L-10380 ,all you gotta do is ship to him i can walk in his shop pick up anytime, I can email you a copy of his FFL dealer's license copy.

boocat71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a guy with an upper for sell. I told him I would take it and he said I was closer then a guy he had a deal with. He was basically using the site as an auction.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For year I did many deals on Armslist without any problems. I quit going on there when they changed. I live in Ponca and most people on have been great on meeting me about halfway for a buy or sale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom