Armslist?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Armslist online classified adds web site? I recently found a rifle listed on this site that I am interested in. I've been registered on the site for a while but I've never used it. The only tool I've used is the contact the seller option. I sent an email to the seller and can't seem to get a response. I assume it works pretty much like Gunbroker. Just kind of frustrated that the add is still active but the seller doesn't respond. I wondered if this is a common occurrence.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It's a craigslist for guns. There are a few things to look for to determine if it's a scam or not.
One of the easy ones is, if it says 'Oklahoma,oklahoma' as the location, is for get about it. There are some armslist regulars on here that can tell you some other things to look for.
If it's from a dealer then yes, it's like GB. If it's an individual, proceed with the standard precautions

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have never has issues and have purchased 3 guns through Armslist. If it is a recent listing I would prolly move on , but if it has been listed a while they could be out of town or such!!
Also try bumping him again, occasionally this web thing is a fickle b-word and loses crap LOL!!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Luck of the draw...some people respond, others dont. I havent figured out why people will put up an ad and not respond but thats how it goes sometimes.

And always do a cash FTF transaction. There's LOTS of bogus stuff out there too. I tend to find more fake listings of the guns I'm interested in than real listings.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've listed a few things on Armslist and sometimes someone's attempt to contact me goes to spam. The crap I don't want never gets caught in the spam. Lol

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have sold on armslist before.
I only do a ftf locally.
If they do not contact you after you have tried to contact them it's either a scam or the item may not be available any longer. It could have sold and the person selling has a different email address and hasn't updated their account.
I've had people on both armslist and osa contact me stating they wanted to buy what I was selling. I would drive to meet them and they wouldn't show up and wouldn't answer their phone. So with that said I only meet ftf localy now. If they wont come to me here I just say no thanks.
So you just have to go with your gut.
If they dont contact you back just move on and forget about it.:twocents:

Latest posts

Top Bottom