Armslist?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay I just text messaged the supposed seller and told "her" that I was no longer interested in the deal.
Too many red flags saying this is a scam. The original post stated the sellers location as San Angelo Texas.
The text came from a phone number that the area code checked to Phoenix, Arizona. Then I get a text
from a woman instructing that the payment was to be sent to her at an address in Norfolk, Virginia. I found a
woman by the same name in Norfolk on Facebook and she didn't look like someone that would own
a rifle like the one that was advertised (it was a Daewoo K2 5.56 semiautomatic rifle). The woman on Facebook
showed no connection to San Angelo Texas. Originally the seller stated in an email that he or she had been
in an accident and was disabled and no longer was able to use the rifle. This woman did not appear disabled in any
way. All of that plus the price of the rifle was a third of what others were asking for that rifle. The seller wanted to ship the rifle directly to me via USPS. So many red flags. Thanks for all of the advice.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must have missed the part in your post where you told us the price was a 1/3 of the normal price. What did someone say? If it's too good to be true.... We all want to get the best deal possible but sometimes you gotta move on. Block the number and good luck on the next one.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must have missed the part in your post where you told us the price was a 1/3 of the normal price. What did someone say? If it's too good to be true.... We all want to get the best deal possible but sometimes you gotta move on. Block the number and good luck on the next one.
Yeah I hadn't mentioned that previously but that was the first red flag. I think the unusually low price was
just the bait. I never really felt comfortable about the deal. I messaged the seller and told her that I had changed my mind. The seller messaged back "I understand your curiosity, thanks for your time".

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I hadn't mentioned that previously but that was the first red flag. I think the unusually low price was
just the bait. I never really felt comfortable about the deal. I messaged the seller and told her that I had changed my mind. The seller messaged back "I understand your curiosity, thanks for your time".

I think “curiousity” is not the word “she” was looking for. “Apprehension” perhaps, but not curiousity.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When buying off of armslist these are things I look for
User has been registered for 6 months or more.
Search their other listings, make sure they are form the same location.
If the pic looks very professional I'll sometimes highlight key lines in the text of the description and copy it in to a google search. Sometimes you'll find the original auction a scammer pulled off gunbroker.
If someones gnarly bare feet are in the pic, its probably legitimate.
Like this.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When buying off of armslist these are things I look for
User has been registered for 6 months or more.
Search their other listings, make sure they are form the same location.
If the pic looks very professional I'll sometimes highlight key lines in the text of the description and copy it in to a google search. Sometimes you'll find the original auction a scammer pulled off gunbroker.
If someones gnarly bare feet are in the pic, its probably legitimate.
Like this.
Picture by Been? (you would have to be a long time veteran on this forum to understand my question)

Latest posts

Top Bottom