Army worms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So our yard person can’t get to us for a few days but called about army worms. They said Edmond is getting hit bad and to look around the yard. Sure enough, I found a dead one. I have some bags of Triazacide but my research says that the granular isn’t as effective as liquid because they live on the bottom of the blades or leaves. And to make matters worse, Walmart and Lowe’s are out of EVERYTHING. Lowe’s even has hand written signs with arrows pointing to products that kill army worms. However, those places on the shelf are empty.
So, this is a PSA. Keep an eye on your yards.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a neighbor with a Fescue yard that has been obliterated by those things. They really are terrible this year. He told me he is starting over next year because Fescue doesn't "bounce back".

Bermuda gets wrecked too, but apparently it regrows itself better.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried plain dish detergent and water? Worked pretty good in the 'old days' before all the science got involved.

Good luck!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how much? what is the ratio of detergent to water? Thanks!

I believe it was around 2 tablespoons to 2 gallons of water. Grandpa used to say that it caused the buggers to s**t themselves to death. Maybe, maybe not.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They hit my bermuda yard about 4 or 5 years ago and i still dont have hardly any bermuda but the crab grass has went crazy, had StAugutine on it since but this year a fungus hit it hard in places where there was very little sunlight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom