Army worms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up having our lawn company come out and treat the yard yesterday after I found some army worms crawling across our back patio. I have also heard that 1 tablespoon of Dawn Dish soap to 1 gallon of water works as well.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a dose of them a few years back.

They went thru about half of my 1.5 acre yard before I even noticed them. There were millions of them.

I put some diazinon in a hose end sprayer and wet them down. They aren't very tough. It killed them in just a few minutes, but they sure jacked up my yard. I wasn't the only one. They were all over down here.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I laid down some of that sevin granule stuff, not the carbaryl. Watered it in and it is definitely helping. The asteroids will be here soon

Reaction score
Day before yesterday we saw we had thousands, or probably millions, in our 1 acre yard and the next day we laid down bifenthrin. Wife cut the grass and there were probably thousands on the cutting deck. Used a 25 gallon John Deere sprayer then hit the corners and stuff with a 4 gallon backpack. Right afterwards you could see a bunch of moths wanting to lan, but wouldn’t, and it was killing the caterpillars right away. Yesterday i could find about 3-4 anywhere and they were all twisting in their death throes.

Don’t know if it wiped them out, but a good sign. Another bottle will be here today, will lay it in another month or less. Mixed it stronger than it calls for, one oz per gallon in both pill and carry sprayers. We used this. Fortunately i think they just started, just a few brown spots, kinda like typical dry summer brown spots.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ARKSABO?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Day before yesterday we saw we had thousands in our 1 acre yard and the next day we laid down bifenthrin. Used a 25 gallon John Deere sprayer then hit the corners and stuff with a 4 gallon backpack. Right afterwards you could see a bunch of moths wanting to lan, but wouldn’t, and it was killing the caterpillars right away. Yesterday i could find about 3-4 anywhere and they were all twisting in their death throes.

Don’t know if it wiped them out, but a good sign. Another bottle will be here today, will lay it in another month or less. Mixed it stronger than it calls for, one oz per gallon in both pill and carry sprayers. We used this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ARKSABO?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
Thanks for the link. Bought some to mop up the survivors

Latest posts

Top Bottom