Army worms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems mine might have came from the garden because after we thinned out everything and removed all of the cover we noticed quite a few. I'm also trying the Cutter Backyard Bug Control. I did one spraying but then read further down in the instructions where it says to thoroughly water the yard first. Good thing I bought 2 bottles earlier this year! Just went out and still see quite a few - don't know if they're dying, going to die or continuing with their havoc.

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several neighbors have been hit. Lawn guy came and sprayed today. While he was here, about 4 or 5 other neighbors hit him up before he could leave the neighborhood.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 218327View attachment 218328

Sadly, they hit me while at the lake....took about 3 days to turn my yard into a desert. Sprayed to save what we could and will have to reseed this fall. Never seen anything like it.

I like comparing 2 pictures to see the difference.
It looks like in the top picture the hedges are flat topped and full and quite leafy towards the bottom and the second picture the tops got rounded and taller and thinned at the bottoms.

Are these pictures days apart or months or years apart?
The shrubs at 9:00 in the mulch are missing also.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like comparing 2 pictures to see the difference.
It looks like in the top picture the hedges are flat topped and full and quite leafy towards the bottom and the second picture the tops got rounded and taller and thinned at the bottoms.

Are these pictures days apart or months or years apart?
The shrubs at 9:00 in the mulch are missing also.
The before pic is what my yard has looked like consistently for a few years until the infestation. It's to show the grass damage caused from the Armyworms. I had yard treated and some plants removed at same time to get it ready to revamp now that yard got trashed.

Plants/Shrubs have nothing to do with the pic.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think my neighbor found a remedy.
2DE903A7-9432-4B5C-B79D-17DEDC37531C.jpeg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
The birds mean your screwed already. As for the armyworms eating crab grasses and weeds. Nope they went right by it in my yard and demolished my fescue and Bermuda. Who would have known army worms are picky eaters. Neighbors with yards that are weeds look untouched.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My yard is being hammered by them. I thought they were caterpillars but quickly found out they weren’t. I laid some sod down in a couple spots and it was doing great and now is about dead. I have a couple other spots in my yard that are really suffering. I have Bermuda everywhere and I water multiple times a week. My yard is usually a thick dark green color but now is thinning and a yellow color. Makes me so mad.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All, I used the Cutter spray from Lowe's and it worked GREAT! Neighbors had same result. The Mustang Lowe's had 153 bottles according to their website. Read where Dawn dishwashing soap and water will kill them too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom