Army worms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Was at Lowe’s getting some bags of concrete yesterday. One of the employees goes by with a shopping cart with two cases of liquid Sevin in it. There is literally a trail of people behind him. He’s explaining that they found it hidden in the back room. I’m good for another treatment to take care of the possibility that the laid eggs.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They finally got me.. Counted about a dozen or more moving across the concrete this morning.
With the amount of treating I do on my yard for other pest, it would seem I staved them off as long as anyone could.
Headed out to the garage and opened up my "trunk o' poisons" and found some hose sprayers of Ortho & emptied 2 of them across the backyard.
Guess I'll hit the front tomorrow.
My big worry is the shaded area in the way back where I planted fescue in the spring. Been fighting moles back there and they've done some damage. These darn worms are gonna give me a coniption.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Different worm. Similar appearance.
That's what I thought, seems to be some confusion out on the net, seen several pictures of bag worms in army worm threads.
Out here so far so good, few bag worms but haven't seen any army worms or damage that would indicate they are around.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got bag worms in my ornamental blue atlas tree in front. I've read to spray or pulll them off. Pulled 'em for 2 days and keep coming back. Small tree so got maybe 2 doz.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neighbors all around myself and one other neighbor have been pounded by those little bastards, so far I am gtg but have no idea how. I did get hit a couple years ago tho pretty bad.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So are bag worms and army worms the same thing?
The picture I posted above your post is tent worms.

This is a bag worm:
BAGWORM-NEW-OLD-1080x675.jpg

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Armyworms are on the driveway. I've seen a few dead worms over the past couple of weeks and today I found live worms. Probably going to hit Stillwater Milling and get some permethrin to spray the yard with. I might get a few bags of fertilizer as well since the costs have gone up substantially over the past few months and will likely keep going.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Armyworms are on the driveway. I've seen a few dead worms over the past couple of weeks and today I found live worms. Probably going to hit Stillwater Milling and get some permethrin to spray the yard with. I might get a few bags of fertilizer as well since the costs have gone up substantially over the past few months and will likely keep going.

This time of year? Damn. That nutz.

Latest posts

Top Bottom