1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arsenal SLR-104 before and after.

Discussion in 'Military Surplus' started by coolhandluke, Apr 9, 2017.

1. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Thanks a ton Zack. I think that you're just being biased though since your plum AKS-74 could pass as my rifle's twin. ;)

Was it built off a Bulgarian kit? I don't think that I've seen any details on it.

2. zghorner

zghorner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    yea bulgy aks-74 on a milled firing line receiver...My favorite rifle by a long shot.

3. coolhandluke

Rating
    100%
    Very nice Zack. I honestly didn't catch that the receiver was milled when I saw a photo awhile back. Did Firing Line have to modify the receiver for the rear trunion and latch cutout or was it produced that way?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  4. zghorner

zghorner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm sure they just did some extra machining to make it all fit. since they make their own receivers I doubt it was a big deal. as far as I know they are the only milled receivers for the ak-74 and made right here in OK. I bought this off of a forum member @carready who gave me a great deal on it and some 7n6 ammo. I am not into tackycool AKs but believe certain doohickies enhance a weapons ability as an HD weapon so I added a flashlight (RS BM-1 is the only way to go) ,red dot (mounted on a MI Mini Mount) and VCAS sling. Running through the carbine/barrier range at fouled bore is a blast with this thing...as a matter of fact this gun turned me back to the dark side after a long stretch of preferring ARs. I finally admit to the world that I like the rock n lock mags better and the right side charging handle as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. coolhandluke

Rating
    100%
    Thanks for the photos Zack. The milled receiver looks great. I didn't realize that the 4.5mm hinge was actually milled into the receiver. I especially like the selector markings and that it is serial matched to the Bulgy parts kit. :thumb:

zghorner likes this.
  6. carready

carready Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Looking good buddy! Glad she is being well taken care of.

zghorner likes this.
  7. dlbleak

dlbleak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rating
    100%
    Looks nice,Luke. I'm glad you revived the ol MS section. Nice detail and excellent pics.

coolhandluke likes this.
  8. Neanderthal

Neanderthal Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I can't believe that I missed this thread before now. That looks great, Luke!

You may want to consider swapping out that stock trigger for an ALG one, I guarantee that you won't regret it.

9. coolhandluke

Rating
    100%
    Thanks! :)

That's exactly the trigger that I was looking at. I was a little concerned with the amount of deformation on the carrier tail on Rob Ski's 104 with the ALG, but it still looks to be the best choice out there. The price is very reasonable too which pretty much sealed the deal.

10. ssgrock3

ssgrock3 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    ammo is coming down in price too it seems. Love me ak-74. I have a woody, a tgi flum stock build and the sf and woody were built by jbi. easy shooting rifles.