Arsenal SLR-104 before and after.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea bulgy aks-74 on a milled firing line receiver...My favorite rifle by a long shot.

Very nice Zack. I honestly didn't catch that the receiver was milled when I saw a photo awhile back. Did Firing Line have to modify the receiver for the rear trunion and latch cutout or was it produced that way?

Last edited:

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure they just did some extra machining to make it all fit. since they make their own receivers I doubt it was a big deal. as far as I know they are the only milled receivers for the ak-74 and made right here in OK. I bought this off of a forum member @carready who gave me a great deal on it and some 7n6 ammo. I am not into tackycool AKs but believe certain doohickies enhance a weapons ability as an HD weapon so I added a flashlight (RS BM-1 is the only way to go) ,red dot (mounted on a MI Mini Mount) and VCAS sling. Running through the carbine/barrier range at fouled bore is a blast with this thing...as a matter of fact this gun turned me back to the dark side after a long stretch of preferring ARs. I finally admit to the world that I like the rock n lock mags better and the right side charging handle as well.

i.imgur.com_NKrnZh5.jpg

i.imgur.com_f63ApDf.jpg

i.imgur.com_l7z09an.jpg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos Zack. The milled receiver looks great. I didn't realize that the 4.5mm hinge was actually milled into the receiver. I especially like the selector markings and that it is serial matched to the Bulgy parts kit. :thumb:

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe that I missed this thread before now. That looks great, Luke!

You may want to consider swapping out that stock trigger for an ALG one, I guarantee that you won't regret it.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe that I missed this thread before now. That looks great, Luke!

You may want to consider swapping out that stock trigger for an ALG one, I guarantee that you won't regret it.

Thanks! :)

That's exactly the trigger that I was looking at. I was a little concerned with the amount of deformation on the carrier tail on Rob Ski's 104 with the ALG, but it still looks to be the best choice out there. The price is very reasonable too which pretty much sealed the deal.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ammo is coming down in price too it seems. Love me ak-74. I have a woody, a tgi flum stock build and the sf and woody were built by jbi. easy shooting rifles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom