ARX 100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone own or shot an ARX? I found a good deal on one. I’ve heard they feel cheap but no much else. Worth a try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one. I like it. Totally ambidextrous without any tools or extra parts. Piston system with two settings. Very reliable, lightweight.

Three problems.

1. Factory BUIS suck
2. You can’t use Gen 3 Magpul mags because of the overinsertion tabs on the rear of the mags.
3. Very ugly rifle.

I’ve heard the price has been coming down.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one. I like it. Totally ambidextrous without any tools or extra parts. Piston system with two settings. Very reliable, lightweight.

Three problems.

1. Factory BUIS suck
2. You can’t use Gen 3 Magpul mags because of the overinsertion tabs on the rear of the mags.
3. Very ugly rifle.

I’ve heard the price has been coming down.

What did you pay for yours if you don’t mind me asking. New prices range from 800-1500 right now lol

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did you pay for yours if you don’t mind me asking. New prices range from 800-1500 right now lol

$1050.00 When I got mine, the price had dropped from $1800.00. I didn’t expect it, but mine was an LE model that came with three steel Beretta mags. Not long after, I was told about a Beretta promotion that if you bought your Beretta before a certain date, you got five more mags free.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to pick one of these up when they were going for $800. The mag issue and reports of inaccuracy turned me off.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The mag issue can be fixed two ways. You can dreml the tabs off of the mags or don’t use Gen-3 Magpuls. I haven’t had any accuracy problems with mine. I can hit a skeet on the berm at 100 yards with it. Remember, it’s not a match grade “one hole in the target with thirty rounds at a thousand yards” type rifle.

Like Glocks, it’s design is for military or police use. Durability and reliability are the main priorities. To date, it’s fired and cycled every round of every brand and type of ammo that I’ve tried in it. Zero malfunctions so far.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted to pick one of these up when they were going for $800. The mag issue and reports of inaccuracy turned me off.

The mag issue isn’t a huge deal for me since a lot of mags I run are USGI and gen 2 pmags. As far as accuracy I’ve seen reports of 1-1.5 moa but they are also a combat rifle. I think the M4 is only required to maintain 2-3moa by our military. I’m gonna pick one up today and I’ll report back after I put a few hundred rounds through it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The mag issue isn’t a huge deal for me since a lot of mags I run are USGI and gen 2 pmags. As far as accuracy I’ve seen reports of 1-1.5 moa but they are also a combat rifle. I think the M4 is only required to maintain 2-3moa by our military. I’m gonna pick one up today and I’ll report back after I put a few hundred rounds through it.

1-1.5 wouldn't bother me but guys were getting much worse results from what I saw. Dunno if it was the wiggly rail thing or what but that would drive me crazy too. Personally, I don't want to look at each specific mag and determine if it will run in my gun as I do have a bunch of Gen 3s. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom