ARX 100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they still sell some as SBR’s. They used to have barrels on their site for under $500.00. Then all of a sudden they jacked the price up to $899.00 which is the same price as the complete SBR.

https://www.botach.com/beretta-arx100-replacement-10-barrels/

Here is the link to the SBR parts kit.

https://www.botach.com/beretta-arx100-sbr-parts-kit-w-10-barrel/

The most recent rifle that ARX fans are drooling over is the ARX200. A .308 caliber version. Currently for sale to Govt only. I’m guessing the ones they have in stock are full auto.

https://www.botach.com/beretta-arx-200-assault-rifle-weapon-system/

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tempting price for an SBR.

When the barrels were a lot cheaper, I was considering getting one and doing a Form-1. Then they jacked the price up. Trying to decide if I want to get one as a factory built SBR or get the parts kit and do a Form-1 on the rifle I already have and have extra parts.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son had one that I end up with and traded off on OSA. I really liked the rifle. Its a little short on the stock but my main complaint was trying to deal with Beretta. We tried for 18 months to get a response on when the 300 blackout barrel would be available with no luck. That is why it went down the road.

The ACR taught us to not wait on different calibers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so in a brief nutshell or executive summary for us SBR newbs. I purchase rifle, send to FFL that does SBR transfers, wait 6 months until I get proceed, pick up rifle and pay $300 tax fee. Now do I have to carry paperwork with the rifle when I go to shoot? does getting a SBR open me up for additional liabilities? having a SBR is basically mine and the only way I can sell is by someone else paying $300 tax stamp and waiting? Anything else I should know?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so in a brief nutshell or executive summary for us SBR newbs. I purchase rifle, send to FFL that does SBR transfers, wait 6 months until I get proceed, pick up rifle and pay $300 tax fee. Now do I have to carry paperwork with the rifle when I go to shoot? does getting a SBR open me up for additional liabilities? having a SBR is basically mine and the only way I can sell is by someone else paying $300 tax stamp and waiting? Anything else I should know?

I'll reply to what I know for sure. $200 for the tax stamp and yes on carrying a copy of the stamp. Never heard of any additional liabilities and yes a transfer will have to go through a dealer/stamp process if sold.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If the dealer ( in your state) you are doing a direct transfer from does not have it, it has to be purchased and transferred to him. That has to be approved. Once he has it, you pay the $200 with your application fee. It should take about 6-7 months based on current times. But I have seen transfers approved in 2-14 months over the years. Once approved, the dealer can then transfer to you.

You don’t “have” to carry the paperwork with the firearm, but many recommend to.

When you sell it, the purchaser has to submit the application and $200 fee. Once approved, you can give him the firearm. A dealer does not have to be involved. (Assuming same state transfer)

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll reply to what I know for sure. $200 for the tax stamp and yes on carrying a copy of the stamp. Never heard of any additional liabilities and yes a transfer will have to go through a dealer/stamp process if sold.

You can sell it directly without using a dealer, but an approved application (stamp) is required.

Carrying a copy of the stamp is not actually required.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of this information is available in the NFA section of this forum.

I have laminated copies of my forms in the bottom of my range bag. I’ve only been asked once if I had them. When they were produced, I don’t think the guy knew what he was looking at.

Supposedly the only time you’re REQUIRED to show your forms is when asked by an ATF agent or IRS because it’s a tax document and subject to the same privacy as your tax return.

It can save a lot of time and grief to have the forms if you get asked by LE. If you didn’t have them, you could be detained till legality and possession is confirmed through the PD and ATF. Also, if you go to a range and the owner or an employee asks for one and it’s refused, they can ask you to leave. Their range, their rules.

Be familiar with the ATF rules and regs if you decide to take your NFA toy to another state. First is that it has to be allowed in that state. Second is that some items require a temporary transfer form (no fees) to take the item across state lines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom