As I predicted, voting is meaningless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good thing Mullin is only going to serve two terms ...
Isn’t that all that’s required to draw the lottery pension plus perks for life?

Every time I go to vote I get that oogey feeling of shopping in a dollar store on the wrong side of town. That quote by Buckley re: phone books and public office comes to mind.

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well as I predicted every single one of our scum bags in the federal government won. If there wasn’t 13 different people running for Inhoffe’s seat someone could have beat Mullin. I have voting on a federal election one more shot and it was pointless. I am done. Never again will I waste my time.
Last nite was the primary not the election, just FYI. The only way the ones in power win is if everyone gives up.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn’t that all that’s required to draw the lottery pension plus perks for life?

Every time I go to vote I get that oogey feeling of shopping in a dollar store on the wrong side of town. That quote by Buckley re: phone books and public office comes to mind.

I don't know about that, but MWM stated in his initial campaign that he supports term limits and would limit himself to three terms. Broke both promises and lied to the people to get elected.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
it's never a waste of time, it's important to be heard even if it seems meaningless. just the act of voting and being involved helps. I feel voting, from a personal standpoint, is almost a patriotic duty. I don't agree with how it's done or the people on the ballot, or the folks who vote sometimes, but the simply being able to vote for who you want to is a privilege not many folks on this planet have. unfortunately, there are too many intelligent people deciding not to vote so every one in a while the stupids get their way. I won't give the dims that satisfaction.

if you feel really strongly, you could always change your name to Mullin and stick your hat in the ring, see what happens.
but is it a privilege if it's literally a dog and pony show? what if your ballot is just immediately tossed out?
what if the ballot of someone else is sent thru the tabulator 10 times? while yours never goes thru at all, they just click the box in the software to show it as counted? all of this has been PROVEN with VIDEO EVIDENCE.
if it happens in big elections.....it happens MORE in smaller ones. like at what point do you think

"well.....sure they told me this was my patriotic duty, but in reality....it was just another illusion of choice...."

you aren't doing what you think you are doing. you are not engaging in "democracy". the people counting the votes are.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion, if you do not vote, you have no room to bi_ch, and I love to bi_ch about them.

Seriously so many good people have stopped voting the dumba$$es have taken over. We need every intelligent voter we can get.
Rick, that's because the smart people realized voting was pointless and only an idiot would still bother.

your argument doesn't work because it's a fallacy.

"abstain" is a valid vote; just as valid as voting for "Kick in the Ass #1" or "Smack on the Head #2".

Latest posts

Top Bottom