As I predicted, voting is meaningless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well as I predicted every single one of our scum bags in the federal government won. If there wasn’t 13 different people running for Inhoffe’s seat someone could have beat Mullin. I have voting on a federal election one more shot and it was pointless. I am done. Never again will I waste my time.
that is probably how the democrats feel - much like they are farting in the wind here in Oklahoma - but then when you choose to bet on a loosing horse in a crowded race you are asking for disappointment

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you? Not meaning to sound snarky, but how many of us have a complete understanding of what votes were cast, and why. We hit on specific events and make that the deciding factor. We have a number of folks that are upset because several years ago, he said he only in for two terms. Most of the folks I run with, make their decisions on as complete a set of information as they can gather.
Not sounding snarky at all. That’s a fair question. I have followed all of our reps and their voting records. I have even emailed some to ask them why they voted for something. I got the same kind of response from everyone. It was just full of excuses. Just like Bice voting for the “Violence Against Women Act”. But even doing this I’m not an expert. I try and make the best informed decision I can.

I haven’t forgotten Mullin and his lie about only serving two terms. Regardless of the reasoning behind why he did, he lied. It’s not hard to keep your word. I’m not gonna sit here and act like I am perfect because I’m far from it, but I don’t make promises I can’t keep. But it goes far beyond him lying about running for more than two terms. I could list multiple things for each candidate why I don’t support them.

On a side note ( This isn’t directed at you) from all I have researched Kendra Horn isn’t running for Congress. It is Madison Horn, a completely different person. I don’t know if they are related or not. I read in an earlier post someone mentioned Kendra Horn.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
it's voting for candidates who haven't read the legislation, don't write the legislation, are basically told how to vote on said legislation thru dollars or direct influence, voting for bills called the "such and such act for freedom" but are in reality more draconian measures, it's literally misdirection at every step.

we are a LONG way from thomas jefferson sitting at his desk with his quill. bills are literally written by lobbyists and handed to reps. no one reads them. no one understands them entirely. they all have pork. they all have phony names. they all have hidden agendas. it's purposefully obscured and esoteric.

again, if you are deciding to vote for a candidate based on their voting record or even bills they submitted, you have to understand that they didn't write ANY of that bill, they didn't read that bill, they simply don't do what the surface of government is supposed to be. they are a face; you don't vote for cabinet and brain trust. and oddly enough, R or D, lots of those people NEVER shuffle out; they stay for all admins.

you can call it deep state, shadow government, whatever. but the reality is what it is.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a side note ( This isn’t directed at you) from all I have researched Kendra Horn isn’t running for Congress. It is Madison Horn, a completely different person. I don’t know if they are related or not. I read in an earlier post someone mentioned Kendra Horn.

Let me help you out...

https://kendrahorn.com/
Screenshot 2022-06-29 183509.png

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However if uou follow local elections, it means more to get out and vote.
Just look at Norman’s last mayoral election. It was a decent margin, percentage-wise, for getting rid of Queen Breea, but it really wasn’t that many votes. IIRC, the total turnout was something like 25K in a city of roughly 125K, so every vote counted there.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish the parties would go away. It would force everyone to evaluate voting records. When I see perfect party line voting in congress it seems supremely stupid to me. The idea that EVERY republican or Democrat from CA to Maine had a perfectly aligned interest doesn't seem realistic to me.

If everyone was independent, we'd be forced to study the records.

Yes, I realize it's never going to happen.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I wish the parties would go away. It would force everyone to evaluate voting records. When I see perfect party line voting in congress it seems supremely stupid to me. The idea that EVERY republican or Democrat from CA to Maine had a perfectly aligned interest doesn't seem realistic to me.

If everyone was independent, we'd be forced to study the records.

Yes, I realize it's never going to happen.
but then there's even the issue of voting records being manipulating on things like poison pill pork legislation and whatnot.

no one knows what's in every bill, and you get situations like the dems saying "we put forward a bill (again, written by people who aren't politicians. not a single politician actually *drafts* any part; in fact most are written completely by either lobbyists, staffers, or agency reps) that would lower gas prices and these people voted against it".

yes, this comes to voter recognition of the legislation, but like i said, i link a 40 minute video and i know for a fact not a single person ever actually watches it. imagine someone actually reading a 5,000+ page bill that's filled with intentionally esoteric language and meant to be either purposefully vague or otherwise cover up its true purpose.

like the "patriot act", or the "heros act". it's a legislative play when you are in a minority position to put forth bills you know have no chance, or even amend ala the magic paperclip a bill already proposed, that will force your opponents to vote no. then you call the bill something positive and claim it's something it wasn't and the people say "SEE! HE VOTED NO ON THE SAVE THE DAY BILL! IT WOULDA SAVED THE DAY!"

the system is broken. it's layers and layers and layers of things pretending to be something they aren't. that's.....not good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom