Assault Weapons Ban 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, probably just talking out my butt here, but what if we compare marijuana to guns... Federally it's illegal but many states have decriminalized marijuana regardless. Why couldn't OK say they are decriminalizing NFA items and treat it like marijuana? It's illegal to transport marijuana across state lines, but within the states where recreational use has been legalized (decriminalized) you can grow it, possess it, use it, etc... without repercussions from the state. What if OK said any suppressors made in OK can be used in OK? What if OK said any firearms manufactured in OK can be sold in OK without federal involvement? Instead of constantly having to defend our constitutional rights to keep them from being continually marginalized and diminished, how about we expand them (from where they currently stand) instead?

I know laws like that will never pass, but I just don't get why so many are eager to accept and embrace these "forward thinking" and "progressive" ideas that to a point expand your rights, but in the same breath want to restrict other rights. The extreme of that being the left saying we need to expand the rights of illegal aliens and that we also need to restrict the rights of citizens - that should be viewed as treason.
Apparently Kansas has wording in their "Second Amendment Protection Act" that covers just such a concept. Unfortunately someone believed it and now GOA is coming to that person's aid as he's been charged with felonies for following along with what Kansas says.

http://bit.ly/2TWkCto

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently Kansas has wording in their "Second Amendment Protection Act" that covers just such a concept. Unfortunately someone believed it and now GOA is coming to that person's aid as he's been charged with felonies for following along with what Kansas says.

http://bit.ly/2TWkCto
And this is why I'm also a dues paying member of GOA.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the kind of stuff that happened to the Weavers happens in this country and no one does a thing about it you know we are screwed. Americans should have hunted down all involved in Ruby Ridge and executed them. These are the kind of scum in our government. And think, Trump nominated this guy for AG. Combo this with all the anti gun things Trump has pushed and supported. And if anyone thinks are worthless senators are going to stop his confirmation I would think again. I guarantee this scum bag gets in. But why not? It’s not like Americans will care. Maybe this time Barr can oversee the slaughter of thousands of innocent Americans. Wonder if that would motivate anyone to do something?

flashover008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to change the subject to much but did anyone besides me catch the world news yesterday last year there were 4239 guns that were taken from people by TSA at our airports that is up 7% from 2017 ,They said 12 a day but they also said several guns made it through ,This is just telling us how bad this world is becoming more and more people are caring now than ever before .I don't leave home without it and sometimes catch myself taken it places I shouldn't .Anyway everyone have a blessed Friday 2 CHRONICLES 7:14

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to change the subject to much but did anyone besides me catch the world news yesterday last year there were 4239 guns that were taken from people by TSA at our airports that is up 7% from 2017 ,They said 12 a day but they also said several guns made it through ,This is just telling us how bad this world is becoming more and more people are caring now than ever before .I don't leave home without it and sometimes catch myself taken it places I shouldn't .Anyway everyone have a blessed Friday 2 CHRONICLES 7:14

I saw and heard that too. I laughed it off knowing that they are grabbing at ANY STRAW to spread their fear mongering anti-gun Kool-Aid propaganda.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I saw and heard that too. I laughed it off knowing that they are grabbing at ANY STRAW to spread their fear mongering anti-gun Kool-Aid propaganda.

Not for nothing, but TSA doesn't take ANY of those guns. TSA notifies the local law enforcement jurisdiction responsible for criminal investigation at the airport, who confiscates the guns. TSA literally never touches those guns, ever.

It's up to the local agency to refer the case for criminal prosecution (if any) to the local DA. TSA does not file criminal charges unless the attempt to carry the firearm into the Secure Area of the airport is part of a further criminal act, such as smuggling, terrorism, etc.

TSA files a concurrent civil case against the subject which is completely independent of any local prosecution. The civil penalty under 49 C.F.R. §1540.111 is $4,000 for a first offense, absent any aggravating or mitigating factors. If no aggravating factors are present (i.e., artful concealment, etc.), TSA will offer to settle the case for half ($2,000) if you stipulate to the facts of the case and agree to pay within 30 days. Again, that's completely independent of any possible criminal prosecution.

Just wanted to get the facts on record. Cheers!
:sunbath:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom