Astronomers are bouncing off the walls in anticipation of James Webb Telescope images release.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.theatlantic.com/science...b-space-telescope-nasa-first-pictures/670471/
James Webb test image from May

1657507738802.png

Astronomers Haven’t Been This Giddy in Years​

The James Webb Space Telescope’s first full-color images, set to be released in days, will signal the start of a new era in space science.

Hubble Telescope Website

The Carina Nebula from Hubble

1657508049987.png

https://hubblesite.org/contents/media/images/2007/16/2099-Image.html

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t read the article but I remember when they were building the James Webb they said they would be able to see all the way to the beginning of the Big Bang.

Maybe... But it'll be little, hazy specks that I can't make heads or tails out of. I see these pictures of stars and these scientists are all excited about them and they look like little fuzzy bits of light to me. But these guys are describing s**t they're seeing in these pictures that I don't understand and most of which I've never heard of.

And one of these days they're gonna look at some picture from outer space and look at one another and say, "Uh-oh. WTF is that and why is it heading right for us?"

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe... But it'll be little, hazy specks that I can't make heads or tails out of. I see these pictures of stars and these scientists are all excited about them and they look like little fuzzy bits of light to me. But these guys are describing s**t they're seeing in these pictures that I don't understand and most of which I've never heard of.

And one of these days they're gonna look at some picture from outer space and look at one another and say, "Uh-oh. WTF is that and why is it heading right for us?"
Lord God please make DC ground Zero!

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All nifty, just got out of my hot tub out in the country and could not see any of this in detaii. Wonder if any other entity is looking at even our galaxy, or down to our minuscule solar system and wonder what the hell is going on there? Oh forgot about the UFO's from those that planted us here, keeping track of our progress. Yep. seen more than one UFO in my life that has made a believer in me. Bet the aphids in my garden say the same thing. Seems a lot has been erased from history for a long, long time, maby sometime we will be able to read the writing on the cavemans walls. Thanks for sharing

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a brother with a PhD in Physics/cosmology.
He worked for a while at the Fermi lab accelerator, doing whatever they do there. He has many published papers; the titles of which I don't understand, nevermind the contents.

He's no longer so much involved in that stuff, as he is a Professor at a big University back east, but he is absolutely beside himself with anticipation.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t read the article but I remember when they were building the James Webb they said they would be able to see all the way to the beginning of the Big Bang.
Except there is was no Big Bang…… now even scientist are figuring out that this theory (that they basically said was fact fort years) is now in fact highly unlikely.

Last edited:

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pictures are in the long ago past and not the present. Distance is measured in light years and in how long it takes light to travel in one year.

A picture of something that is three billion light years away happened three billion years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom