Astronomers are bouncing off the walls in anticipation of James Webb Telescope images release.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except there is was no Big Bang…… now even scientist are figuring out that this theory (that they basically said was fact fort years) is not in fact highly unlikely.

So, either the universe has "always been," in which case the 2nd law of thermodynamics is wrong, or the universe DID have a beginning, which so many have pointed to scientific evidence of the "Big Bang" being that beginning.

In Isaiah of the Old Testament, Isaiah spoke of "the Lord spreading forth the heavens," and then in the 1920's, Edwin Hubble discovered that the objects in the universe were moving outward from some central point. Isaiah lived around 600 to 700 years before Christ.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t read the article but I remember when they were building the James Webb they said they would be able to see all the way to the beginning of the Big Bang.
So, is really a time machine?

Amazing, We can get pictures from many light years away, but we need to stick something up the a** for a simple colonoscopy. Go figure. LOL

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This brings back a memory of a little boy back in the early 1960’s asking his mom, (after a recent Baptist Sunday school class), “so, if God created us and everything else, who made God?”. To which she smoothly answered, “We don’t know these things, hon”. I remember thinking, oh well.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This brings back a memory of a little boy back in the early 1960’s asking his mom, (after a recent Baptist Sunday school class), “so, if God created us and everything else, who made God?”. To which she smoothly answered, “We don’t know these things, hon”. I remember thinking, oh well.
I was told God always was, no one made him. Then I watched Star Trek.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope has produced the deepest and sharpest infrared image of the distant universe to date. Known as Webb’s First Deep Field, this image of galaxy cluster SMACS 0723 is overflowing with detail.

1657586676733.png

Check out the lazy galaxy.

1657586834325.png

The image shows the galaxy cluster SMACS 0723 as it appeared 4.6 billion years ago. The combined mass of this galaxy cluster acts as a gravitational lens, magnifying much more distant galaxies behind it. Webb’s NIRCam has brought those distant galaxies into sharp focus – they have tiny, faint structures that have never been seen before, including star clusters and diffuse features. Researchers will soon begin to learn more about the galaxies’ masses, ages, histories, and compositions, as Webb seeks the earliest galaxies in the universe.

This image is among the telescope’s first-full color images. The full suite will be released Tuesday, July 12, beginning at 10:30 a.m. during a live NASA TV broadcast. Learn more about how to watch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom