At an impasse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuidskout

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at a couple different pistols to get.

Would like something reliable and not going to break the bank if I buy 10 mags for it. Generally, I'm a CZ fan and have a CZ75 that has served me very well. My other pistols aren't really worth mentioning

I have a short list of guns I've been looking at, and plan to also get a Glock 19 or 17 Gen 5 MOS because I don't have a Glock and I like the magazine availability.

Anyhow, the pistols I'm considering are:
Sig M17
Canik TP9SFX or TP9DA
CZ 75 B Omega
and if a cheap enough one came along a ARex Zero 1

What are your thoughts on these? Generally haven't heard many downsides to any of them.

Not really sure what I'd use them for, fun at the range maybe a personal defense pistol or something, no clue really.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely a Glock 19 or 17, as far as the others you mentioned I only have a little experience with the Sig M17. Put a few hundred rounds thru one and believe it is a nice gun sight picture good, nice balance and recoil controllable for fast target acquisition. Plan on purchasing one myself as funds allow.

Zuidskout

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being open to suggestions I would recommend any Glock, but another suggestion is the Springfield Armory XDM or for carry XDS. Have several Springfields and like them all.

I get recommended the XD series guns quite a bit, know many many people who have them. They feel top heavy to me.

I'm not sure if it is part of the XD line or not, but they have a full sized pistol that runs mid 500s to mid 600s if I recall, that feels nice in the hand.

As for the Glock, I am no fan of Glock for a couple reasons. Not a fan of the way they look, do not feel all that great in my hand and do not like the triggers. That all being said, they are fantastic firearms and you can't beat the aftermarket parts availability as well as OEM stuff, magazine availability, and holster choices, all reasons I am aiming to get one despite not being anywhere close to liking them. But hey, that might change after I buy one and put a couple hundred rounds through one.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get recommended the XD series guns quite a bit, know many many people who have them. They feel top heavy to me.

I'm not sure if it is part of the XD line or not, but they have a full sized pistol that runs mid 500s to mid 600s if I recall, that feels nice in the hand.

As for the Glock, I am no fan of Glock for a couple reasons. Not a fan of the way they look, do not feel all that great in my hand and do not like the triggers. That all being said, they are fantastic firearms and you can't beat the aftermarket parts availability as well as OEM stuff, magazine availability, and holster choices, all reasons I am aiming to get one despite not being anywhere close to liking them. But hey, that might change after I buy one and put a couple hundred rounds through one.
I was the same way about Glocks didn't like the looks or polymer frame always been partial to iron. But had a buddy that was Glock fanatic so I bought one then another and another. Lost count at double digits. My favorites G19 and G30S. For dependability they are my go to.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@surjimmy is probably right, for most people. I tried to like the SIG P365 but found it too small for my mitts. So he now has mine as well as his original. I like my Sig M11-A1 so much it tore me away from the Glock 19. Don't get me wrong, the G19 is one helluva firearm, and for the price, it can't be beat as a defensive pistol, but the SIG M11-A1 takes it to another level. If you don't mind spending the money on one that is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom