At the tender age of 68 years old,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been summoned a couple times. I call and tell them I work/worked for lawyers for nearly 30 years and am married to a JBT. They have always said "thanks for not wasting our time, don't bother we'll cross you off." It's kinda too bad cuz I'd really like to serve ...

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only part of it I DIDN'T like was deliberations... there are some hard headed and illogical people out there. LOL! And a lot of the testimony was really, really, boring. But it was summer time and I had an outdoor job, and I was still getting paid by my company plus the "pay" from the court system, including mileage to and from the courthouse. I was always a little disappointed when I wasn't told to report. LOL!

I thought it was interesting though... and I wouldn't be unhappy if I was called again.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am proud of you for wanting to serve, I really am.:clap3:I hope they make accommodations for you and you get to serve. Trials are a special part of our system of law and order and are a unique experience. I feel every able bodied reasonable thinking person should have the opportunity to serve on one.

I was called to jury duty during my finals at college to a criminal trial in which I was a principal witness. When I arrived I told them I was a witness for the prosecution in the trial. The court clerk told me to go sit down anyway. About 15 minutes they had a recess before selection started and during the break I was called into the D.A.'s office to go over the facts and my report refreshing my memory. At some point they reconvened and apparently mine was the first name called to come up front and be questioned. They couldn't find me and the judge was mad ultimately sending a note to the sheriff's department to find me. It was about that time when I walked in to the courtroom with the D.A., sheriff, two police officers and an OHP trooper. After everyone's eyebrows finally dropped, the defense was first and asked me one question and I was gone.

Insult to injury I had to drive 3 hours back to college and found out I could make up my two tests I missed but had to drive to Kansas to my college advisor's house to do so. One was a written multiple guess and the other was a composition book with one question. "Write down everything you have learned about abnormal psychology." I filled the book and received an A on both tests.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t do it because I have a bladder problem where I pee a lot. I take medicine for it but I still go quite a bit. And when I get nervous it is way worse.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been called twice in the last five years (both times were after I had retired), but did not "make the cut" (did not have to actually serve on a jury) either time. Not much experience...

Latest posts

Top Bottom