1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

ATF Can BS!!!!

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by wlcharm, Jul 16, 2009.

1. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Nothing. A friend of mine got his metric booster and fixed thread mount on Monday though. He says he should be set for life on his multi mount style can. :)

2. okent

okent Sharpshooter

Glad I got every mount option under the sun when I picked up my SWR and YHM cans earlier this year.
    Hopefully this BS will go away and everyone will be able to get what they want.

3. FAL guy

FAL guy Sharpshooter

That is a pretty accusatory statement for someone relying on this type of "direct" information.

4. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    OK guys, let's not ruin a perfectly good thread with a pissing contest, please?

I got the extra AAC blackout flash hider I ordered from Polite Society the other day. Fast shipping and I was surprised he had any left. If I do get both the ones my dealer ordered with my M4-2000, then I'll just have 3 instead of 2. ATF might or might not continue to allow them to sell extras when all is said and done, but at least I don't have to worry about it right now.

5. FAL guy

FAL guy Sharpshooter

Sure you can an opinion based on what you know. Perhaps I was too strong with my comment...my apologies. I'll delete my comment.

I think my issue with your comments is that your supposition that YHM is being greedy is based on a he said/she said opinion from someone that is probably not even in the fray. ATF doesn't work that way. Manufacturers and FFLs live and die while under the thumb of the Field Division office in whose jurisdiction they fall. There are 18 Field Offices...each having numerous sub offices in larger metro areas. YHM more than likely fall under the auspices of the Boston Field Office...Is your FBI family members friend in the Boston Field office? One of their sub offices? NFA Branch office?

While it is true, the Big guys in the Big office make some major decisions, the little guys in the smaller offices interpret these rulings locally.

Do you see how your very generalized assertion that YHM is being greedy has little merit.

6. WetWork

WetWork Sharpshooter

FYI!!!!!!

YHM is selling QD mounts again!!!!!!

That is all.

7. ez bake

ez bake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've not been paying attention to this thread - haven't seen a SCAR-H SD Miter in-stock anywhere (Polite Society shows out of stock).

8. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    But there are NOT selling pistons, 3-Lug adapter or fixed barrel adapters.

9. ez bake

ez bake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    So I take it that this is no longer an issue since I'm seeing them in-stock again right (Polite Society has my M4 Miter in-stock now)?

I'm new to the world of cans, so I don't know what the difference is between a QD mount a piston, 3-Lug adapter or fixed barrel adapter.

10. wlcharm

wlcharm Sharpshooter

as far as I know it was the piston in the cobra cans not the F/H QD's. YHM still don't have them on the web-page!!!!