ATF Can BS!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okent

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad I got every mount option under the sun when I picked up my SWR and YHM cans earlier this year.
Hopefully this BS will go away and everyone will be able to get what they want.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think its YHM trying to get greedy.

That is a pretty accusatory statement for someone relying on this type of "direct" information.

Talked to a relative tonight that works in a certain "govt agency" who has buddies who work in another "govt agency" that says this is BS. No such regulation exists. No such notifications are going out.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK guys, let's not ruin a perfectly good thread with a pissing contest, please?

I got the extra AAC blackout flash hider I ordered from Polite Society the other day. Fast shipping and I was surprised he had any left. If I do get both the ones my dealer ordered with my M4-2000, then I'll just have 3 instead of 2. ATF might or might not continue to allow them to sell extras when all is said and done, but at least I don't have to worry about it right now.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I cant have an opinion based on what I know, and if it doesnt mesh with yours Im guilty of idiocy? Isnt that the best.

Sure you can an opinion based on what you know. Perhaps I was too strong with my comment...my apologies. I'll delete my comment.

I think my issue with your comments is that your supposition that YHM is being greedy is based on a he said/she said opinion from someone that is probably not even in the fray. ATF doesn't work that way. Manufacturers and FFLs live and die while under the thumb of the Field Division office in whose jurisdiction they fall. There are 18 Field Offices...each having numerous sub offices in larger metro areas. YHM more than likely fall under the auspices of the Boston Field Office...Is your FBI family members friend in the Boston Field office? One of their sub offices? NFA Branch office?

While it is true, the Big guys in the Big office make some major decisions, the little guys in the smaller offices interpret these rulings locally.

Do you see how your very generalized assertion that YHM is being greedy has little merit.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I take it that this is no longer an issue since I'm seeing them in-stock again right (Polite Society has my M4 Miter in-stock now)?

I'm new to the world of cans, so I don't know what the difference is between a QD mount a piston, 3-Lug adapter or fixed barrel adapter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom