ATF eForm 4 Approval In 90 Days? Timer Begins Now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got my email. Certified May 2. Wait 267 days
c28d65551d28b8bc1f131e8e8defae3b_1.jpg

Me sitting here staring at the date 5/10/22

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got notice my Banish 30 has been approved. Just days short of 1 year.

Purchased it on 2 Feb 2022

Still don't have it in my hand yet. More hoops to jump through. Notify the Sheriff, wait for his certified acknowledgement of the notification. Wait 7 more days before shipping after that.

Sheesh.

Easymode

New to the site!
Reaction score
Well Silencer Shop 'finally' got the certification ready on my can that I purchased in December. Apparently there were some technical issues getting everything set up and ready to go between their systems and the new ATF system. I got the notification last night that my paperwork had been fully reviewed and certified as accurate, and was now ready to submit through ATF's new eFile system.

I had to run up to the dealer today and enter my username and pin number I created when setting up my ATF eForms account. The submission was sent as of today, and I got an automated email from the ATF showing the form 4 as SUBMITTED/IN PROGRESS.

I thought it might be interesting to see if they hold true to their 90 day approval estimate. With today being January 15th, ninety days from now will be Friday, April 15th.

The wait begins.
EForms are currently averaging 260-270 day wait. I’m on day 220 for my RC2. Early on it was 90 days, but when the news got out that it was that fast, the ATF couldn’t handle the influx of volume they received. Sorry man, but at least you got the process started.

Latest posts

Top Bottom